Stamping/Crafting Fests! > Winterfest 2018-February 3-11

Wooden You? WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!

(1/7) > >>

stampwilly:
For this challenge you will need glossy card stock and light and dark brown dye inks. Matte card stock will work, but I like the glossy a bit better because it looks a little more like wood grain on the glossy. Please follow the technique on this video. Make a few backgrounds and then choose one to make a card with it. Please use at least one stamped image on your card, post it in the gallery with the heading --
WF18 Wooden. Also link it here to this post so that we will not miss it. Also let me know how this technique did for you -- any problems, etc.

The lady on the video is from Australia and talks very slow and detailed so you might want to start the video at 19:57/55:43. You will see the video at the bottom of her post.

http://carolynbennie.com/video-tutorial-faux-wood-grain-glossy-cardstock/

She used a bird stamp on her card and so did I since I love birds, but you may use any stamp you like. Here is my card below that I made with the technique.

The second picture are some backgrounds I made with the technique. The top left one is on glossy card stock and the one I used for my card.

Yes, you may combine this challenge with other WF18 challenges. I will also be giving an RAK to a randomly chosen winner!

April :smile:

Far North:
Your samples look great April!  Thanks for hosting!

Craft Nerd:
Those backgrounds came out really cool.  And your card is lovely. 

howdyheidi:
April, you have found a technique I have never heard of or seen before!  How wonderful.  It is really neat and I am excited to try it.  I love your card and your birdie!

Iring:
I love your sample!  This will be fun!  Thanks for hosting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version