Stamping/Crafting Fests! > Winterfest 2018-February 3-11

WF18 ART4U...And Winner!!!

(1/5) > >>

Far North:
WF18 ART4U                                                                                                          Open until 12pm Sun. 2/11

When I think about how many cards we have made over the years I feel it must be in the 1,000’s.  I think now it’s time to create a little gift for ourselves.

For this challenge you will: create a piece of art that you will frame and display in a place where it will bring you inspiration and a smile.

The only guidelines for your art are no sentiments and no printed papers.  Everything else is up to you including the size and location.

I suggest you look through all the cards you have posted in the AI gallery* for inspiration.  It is okay to re-create something you made in the past.  Before you begin making your art you may want to consider the size frame for your art and where you might locate it.  This may give you more thoughts about the style and colors of your art.

Once your art is completed and in place take a photo and post it in the AI gallery with the title and key work WF18 ART4U. Please describe  details of how you made it.  Also please post any questions on this thread as well as tips you learned from this challenge.

Yes, a random winner will be selected from players of this challenge.

Yes, you can combine with other challenges as long as you also meet the rules of the other challenge too.

*Directions to your personal Artsy Inker card gallery:  Open up the gallery to the last card you wrote a comment on> Click on your name above your comment> A display of all the cards you have posted in the gallery will open.

Happy stamping!...Jan

Far North:
Tips for finding a frame...do you have any frames that could be recycled for this project?  Or materials that you could be used to make it your own?  I have looked at the local craft stores here and found they have a wide variety from ATC size through 8x10 and larger-some as inexpensive as $1-2.  Also some have an easel backing if you would prefer not to hang your art.

Craft Nerd:
Very cool challenge, Jan.  And I actually have a frame that I bought for a project for the wall in my office that I have yet to start.  It is supposed to be 2 shadow boxes, 2 framed pieces and 3 canvases.  I've got the 2 shadow boxes, one of the canvases and one of the framed pieces done but the other 2 canvases and framed piece have been sitting undone for years now.  So maybe I'll finally get the second framed piece done.

howdyheidi:
Excellent challenge! I will really need to put my thinking cap on for it!

Iring:
This is a challenge, but I think I'm up for it!  I have a few ideas simmering.  Sarah, this sounds right up your alley! 

Jan, thanks for the challenge!  The light switch cover in my craft room is still decorated after one of your previous challenges!  I had a soap dish at one time too - alcohol inks don't last on glass soap dishes.  Probably should have sealed it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version