Author Topic: Christmas All Year - September 2020  (Read 817 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - September 2020
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:49:53 AM »
How did we get to September already?  And "S"?!!

This month's challenge is sponsored by the letter
            "S"

Silver bells?  Santa?  Stamping ... haha!  Lots of possibilities this month.
Don't forget to add your Christmas cards to the Christmas All Year album and link up here!

Thanks for playing!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - September 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 09:33:30 PM »
I was wondering if you were going to do it this month :) 
You might get some inspiration when you go to Colorado, I hear the Denver area might get it's first snowfall on Tuesday.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:44:50 AM »
Yes!  Colorado weather is crazy.  It was super hot there this weekend, and now snow expected?  Not sure what to pack, ha!  Layers.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 10:14:59 AM »
I think you might have to pack for all the seasons, just in case that's for sure :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 08:29:32 AM »
Finally!

Three Christmas cardsmade!  And one has an "S" in it!  Totally circumstance ... the cards were not designed by me, they were made in a virtual card class.  My LSS mails us a kit, pre-stamped, pre die cut, papers cut to size to make 3 cards.  We watch the LSS owner put them together over FB Live, and can watch a replay later. 

I would have never thought to use the pink Heidi Swapp paper for a Christmas card, but I really like it.  April, do you remember those ornaments from Sparkle N Sprinkle?  I need to look at my Christmas stamps differently.  A neat way to make a tropical Christmas card without necessarily using tropical images.

Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »
Your cards are so pretty, Cindi. Yes, I do remember those ornaments!

Here are 2 Christmas cards I made today using bits and pieces in my stash. I made the birch tree background awhile back and I had the frame cutout sitting on my desk forever. It just so happened that I used blues and purples on both cards. Wasn't planned! :smile:

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5182#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5183#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »
My S is for Shine

Card

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »
Thanks for linking your Christmas cards Connie and April.  I left comments in the gallery.  They are awesome!

Is anyone still making Christmas cards this month?  I hope to do something toward the effort, won't be able to finish cards though, while away on vacation.  I brought some pre-stamped poinsettias and Tombow markers to watercolor them, though now that I think of it ... I don't know if I have good colors with me.  I brought some Art Impressions stamps and just their list of "favorite" Tombow colors to whittle the packing down a little. 

DH has been working a bit this afternoon, so I have time to catch up on Artsy Inkers!  Landry is in day care :( or I would be playing with her!

On October 1st we will be moving from Denver to the mountains, Buena Vista.  Feel free to poke me if I forget to post a new thread for October!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »
I made 4 cards using this die set but only posted one here the others are on my blog, I left a link if you want to check them out.

Card

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »
I stamped and colored some focals forChristmas, but I got carried away with these leave cards that I  decided
That are going to be thanksgiving cards.  I have four done and eight more to go, then back to  Christmas.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 06:06:02 PM »
Here is another one of those Edger Dies.  I just love them! 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5199#top_display_media

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 04:48:35 PM »
 Saucer  With tree, and cup.  Image by PowerPoppy.
Stamped, embossed, colored.  Put stickles on the bulbs
Mounted it on pp and glitter paper.
And I did the words inside,
Yesterday I did the insides of all the other Christmas cards I made so far.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5201#top_display_media
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »
Two more cards done, after seeing Beth's blog post of Mandala's it reminded me of this stamp that I like to cut up and layer, it reminds me of a snowflake :)

Card 1

Card 2

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
Beautiful cards this month, as always!

I'll post October's challenge in a moment.

Good that you finished your Christmas card insides, Sheila!  You'll be glad you did when it comes time to mail them!

Nora, those edge dies are wonderful!

Connie,  I have some of those Outline stamps.  I love the way you used them ... I need to get mine out.

April, you must have a really good stash now!  Thanks for playing along.  I like the colors you used this month.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:37:39 AM by Iring »
Cindi