Author Topic: Christmas All Year - December 2020  (Read 1203 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - December 2020
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
Yes, really? It would seem cardboard is more eco friendly. I know you will have fun with your printer.

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 10:05:14 PM »
Thanks Cindi, I will have to check them out, that sounds like it might be a more healthy snack.
That's great you got your gift and that the paper was in good shape.  I would think that cardboard would be better unless they are counting you have to use trees to make it, who knows. Have fun playing with your new toys.

I finally got my Simon says stamp order, took 19 days to get to me, 7 of those days it was in St. Louis, going from place to place, the day it got to Belleville it was delivered to me.  I made a card for my great nephew using them today :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 11:05:37 PM »
That's crazy that it spent 7 days in St Louis!  How annoying! 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 10:42:06 AM »
I agree, being a half hour away from me for a week about drove me crazy.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 11:19:12 AM »
Oh my gosh, 1/2 hour!  You had to be tempted to try to go pick it up ... which I'm sure they don't allow.  :knuppel2:
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2020, 07:43:08 PM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 10:01:26 PM »
Cindi, hubby said I should call them and say what's up but I figured that probably wouldn't do me any good, it was probably in a big pile and they would just say that it will be there soon.  I am not sure where these facilities they kept saying it was at they just kept saying St. Louis but we can be in downtown St. Louis within a half hour.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 01:12:21 PM »
Love that you're using your scraps Heidi!  And the cards turned out really cute.

No rhyme or reason with the PO these days ... I think calling might have just added to your frustration.  Ask me how I know ...

I think I deserve a quick lunch and time to try to make Landry a card ... just got off "hold" for over an hour on the phone and finally gave up.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:24:28 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
Here are my last cards of the year.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5287#top_display_media

I would expect several packages to arrive after Christmas and even some not to come.  I have one listed in my amazon tracking as being damaged and I will get a refund.  My MIL has been emailing me every day about a package she sent December 2nd that hasn’t arrived. (I’m not nearly as worried about it as she is.)  The media is reporting that even the PO doesn’t know how bad the delays are going to be. So you can look at it as Christmas being extended a week, if we keep getting cards and gifts!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »
Your cards are really cute Heidi!  You made the most out of that green plaid.  Hooray for finishing your cards!

I found 4 more cards with no inside sentiments.  I'm going to stamp the insides tonight because I might need them! We mailed out all of our cards this morning, and of course I received a card from someone I missed this afternoon.  I'm sending him the last finished card. 

I've been lucky so far, I think most packages I ordered have been delivered.  I have to check my list again.  I shopped earlier than usual this year ... but so did your mother-in-law!  Dec 2nd, jeesh!  (that's what we do, mother-in-laws ... worry, haha!, I keep checking with everyone when I see a delivery notification because I worry that it's sitting out in the snow, or porch pirates will get it before they do ...)

That's too bad one of your packages got damaged :(

I got a UPS package today where the address was almost coming off, it had the sender info attached behind it, and the top of the box looked like it was opening ... but contents were well protected inside.  We got a Blueberry Breakfast basket from Stonewall Kitchen.  Sounds delish!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 07:17:44 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »
This is going in the mail tomorrow. 
I wanted to make my granddaughter her own Christmas card.  Luckily my Elizabeth Craft order came just a few days ago with the Reindeer die set in it.  It was nice to take a break from wrapping and writing cards and make something again.  Can't take any credit for the design ... I didn't have that much time to come up with my own so I pretty much copied one of the sample cards in the video introducing the die set.

Landry's card
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2021, 11:48:26 AM »
I waited to post this until you received it.  I usually send cards you've already seen in the gallery, but this year I made a special set and kept them out of the gallery.  I've had a few questions about them so I posted today.  I made 20 of these.  There are always more steps than I think! 

Christmas bird on a pinecone

I will try to get Christmas All Year 2021 started this weekend.
Happy New Year!
Cindi