Author Topic: May ATC Swap: sign-up closed, partners posted  (Read 18505 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: May ATC Swap: sign-up closed, partners posted
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
...Daniel hope you found your way to post office.  I put yours in the mail today.

No problem, Jan. Just like my old home, the outgoing mail is picked up by the delivery person. Yours is out for pick-up.

Wonder where in the US our ATCs will pass one another? I'm betting Colorado. ;D
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »
I can't wait to see everyone's ATCs!
I was reading throug the thread while I ate lunch. Not so much with cardmaking but when I make an ATC, I often struggle narrowing down the stamp(s) I want to use. And as Jan said in her post sometimes it can be hard to find just the right one when you want to showcase a technique.
And as Kathy mentioned about color- sometimes I will start off with a color combo that I think will work great and I get disappointed when it doesn't translate onto my project.
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
Kathy I am stuck still working out the design of my ATC.  I've made "sample" ones on scrap CS to test out ideas too, but I have one idea I'm going to try....needless to say, I'll let you know when I finally get it in the mail.   :smile:

It is neat to me how this simple technique you can do alot with if you want..or don't want too and it'll still look fabulous! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »
I worked on my ATC some on Sunday but my crafting mojo was not with me.  It took me 3 tries to heat emboss an image without messing it up.  So right now, it is in pieces on my craft desk.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to put it together sometime this week. 
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »
I am running so far behind on this......I will need to refresh my memory on exactly what is considered heat emboss and then hurry up and find the stamps I want to use and get this done.....LOL!  I am so thankful that this month we have until the 20th to mail.  I might need every second of that.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: May ATC Swap: 8 days til due in mail
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
Sadie- On reply #10 Daniel provided links to 2 different tutorials for embossing resist.

Sarah-I placed a special order for you-embossing resist mojo!  Hope it arrives soon :smile:  Have you trying refilling your VersaMark pad...just a thought.

Daniel-As long as all goes according to schedule mine will catching 1st plane out of town I'm thinking our ATC's will cross in Atlanta, GA. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:30:32 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 03:27:13 PM »
I have an ATC done and I am letting it sit to see if I still like it later.  I also did another ATC that is just partially finished but used the same technique. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: May ATC Swap: 8 days til due in mail
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
Yay Heidi! I feel sure you will like it tomorrow!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »
Sarah-I placed a special order for you-embossing resist mojo!  Hope it arrives soon :smile:  Have you trying refilling your VersaMark pad...just a thought.

Jan - it was totally user error.  The first try, I touched it and it hadn't cooled so I wiped off some of the embossing and on  the second, I over heated it.

And continuing with my lack of mojo, the ribbon I dyed did not take the ink.  As I was going to put it on the ATC, I noticed that it was turning my fingers pink.  :o

On a happy note, I received a fabulous ATC today from Yankee.  I love it.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: May ATC swap in the mail Wed May 20th
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 08:30:25 PM »
Oh Sarah, hope you didn't burn yourself on top of all the other issues! Sorry to hear about the ribbon too!  Darn that is hard way to start a new project!  So happy to hear you received a wonderful ATC from Yankee!  I will be watching the gallery.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:22:58 AM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 12:57:36 PM »
Thanks for hosting Jan!  I managed to use 2 colored embossing powders in addition to clear, which doesn't happen very often for me.  My ATC will be in the mail to Sadie by tomorrow.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
Yay Yankee, your ATC was the 1st to be received this month. Your ATC looks great in the gallery!

Cindi-I can't wait to see what else you did with embossing powder!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 11:16:08 PM »
I wasn't happy with my ATC and was going to do it over, but my daughter liked it.
Then I tripped and broke a couple bones in my foot, in running around to doctors , I had my daughter put it in the mail.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
I wasn't happy with my ATC and was going to do it over, but my daughter liked it.
Then I tripped and broke a couple bones in my foot, in running around to doctors , I had my daughter put it in the mail.

Yankee, I am sorry you broke your foot. I hope you heal up quickly!  Your ATC turned out nice!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: May ATC in the mail deadline Wed 5/20
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »
Shelia Rose-So sorry to hear about your foot!  Hope you have a good recovery! Hope to can get to your stamping supplies!