Author Topic: August ATC swap Partners posted  (Read 12114 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
August ATC swap Partners posted
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »
Hi everyone! Sorry this is up so late. I was out of town at the end of July and was trying to get back in the swing of things last week!

This month is a color challenge- black, white and Kraft. Unusual color combo but it should be really interesting to see what you all come up with!

Mail by date will be August 25th

here's the swap list!

lovepug2 to Far North
Far North to DJC
Howdyheidi to Yankee
Looser to Iring
Utah Ann to looser
djc to howdy Heidi
Iring to Utah Ann
Yankee to lovepug2

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:14:30 AM by lovepug2 »
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: August ATC swap {sign up now open}
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:23:43 AM »
Wow LeighAnn these dates work out wonderfully for me...surprising since the rest of the month is filled with house guests.  But the deadline is perfect for the a break between guests.  So while I won't be here much between now and then mine will definitely be in the mail on the  25th.
Thanks for the fun challenge!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:31:08 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:55:02 PM »
I will sign up.  I also find the later date this month to work out well. If it were earlier I would have had to pass. Interesting challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 01:18:27 PM »
B&W w Kraft? Sounds intriguing, Pug. Think I'd like to join in this month. TY for an interesting challenge/swap.
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »
I will join.  Maybe this will get me motivated.  Thanks for the late challenge. 

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 10:18:18 PM »
Time frame works for me, please sign me up.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 04:53:26 AM »
I'd like to participate this time.

Thank you.
Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »
I'm done with wedding crafting so I'd like to play too!
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: August ATC swap Partners posted
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 07:22:07 AM »
I posted partners in the opening post!

Looking forward to seeing how you all will work the color combo!

I noticed yesterday that I had 3 different shades of Kraft paper. I didn't realize how different they all are. One is the desert storm that is from Neenah. It's the lightest. It's okay, I got this in a kit and I doubt I will ever purchase it by itself.
Then there's one from cooredinations. It's kind of a yellow based tone and the paper itself is really thin. I do not like it, I bought a small pack of it once when I was out of Kraft paper and it's the only kind they had at JoAnns.
And my favorite brand I have and have used for a few years is the recollections brand. The paper is a nice weight, it's really smooth and the color is the darkest of the three I have.
I think Hero Arts also has a Kraft card stock but I haven't tried it yet. Anyone else have a favorite?
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »
Thanks for organzing, LeighAnn.  I need to go and check if I have Yankee's address still. I had everyone's so organmized and then last month I needed to send some things out and realized I couldn't find my list!  Will look in my PM box.

The recollections Kraft cardstock was the nicest. HOWEVER, when I went to purchase some more, they had changed it. It was slightly darker and thinner.  Gina K also makes a very nice Kraft.  I will need to look and see if I have any other kraft paper.  Would grunge paper count as kraft? I guess not if it is more grey. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »
Got my send to, Pug. I'll also PM Ann with an address to send mine to.

I made 3 so far & used 'Kraft' as a color rather than a particular paper. Fun challenge. :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »
Okay I cleaned off a usable space on my craft desk and I have the three color papers on my desk and waiting for inspiration.  This will be a masculine card as my swap partner is Looser.  Putting on my thinking cap. 

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »
You won't believe this, but mine are done!  Yeah!  Well, I still have to print out and attach the labels to the back, but that's all.

I used Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock.  The Paper Source makes a cardstock they call Kraft that I love for dry embossing and matting, but it's thinner and much darker than what I have always considered the color kraft.  I have one sample sheet of the Neenah Desert Storm, and it's just a bit lighter than the SU kraft.

Daria

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:20:14 AM by djc »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 12:13:14 PM »
Mine are done, too. I mailed 2 of them to my swapmate Cindi (Iring) & the remaining two went to other Inksters.

As I shared, I used 'Kraft' as a color rather than using a kraft paper.

Off to set up a 'challenge'.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »
It sounds like people are making good progress on their ATC's. I have mine mostly done, it is sitting and I will go back to it in a while to see if I think it needs any addtional touches.

Daniel, I have a couple colors of kraft color ink too.  I didn't end up going in that direction but it is nice that you mentioned it. 

As for other kraft cardstocks, I was going to look at Michaels at the loose paper available and see if they have any colors with that. 
~~Heidi~~