Author Topic: WF 2019 Crunch Time - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!  (Read 3193 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
WF 2019 Crunch Time - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!
« on: January 24, 2019, 10:56:52 AM »
Hi Everyone! I am sorry. At the last minute we decided to go see my son this weekend and was not able to post my challenges! I can't wait to see all the challenges and get started! I thought up this challenge myself. I woke up late one night and this had popped in my head. I showed this to my stamp club this month and they really liked it so I hope you do.

You will need flimsy, cheap card stock and oxide inks. These inks work best because they are juicier and stay wet longer. You can use dye based inks like Distress, but you will have to use one or 2 more colors to get good results. I had tried typing paper for this technique, but I like the flimsy card stock much better.

1.  Crinkle flimsy cs up in a ball but not too tightly. Make sure the cs is larger than your card
     front. Open it up and then crinkle one more time and open
     it up.
2.  Swipe an ink pad all over the crinkled piece.
3.  Place your card front piece on the inked crinkled cs and press your hand over it several times.
     You will have little lines on the card front piece - marbled looking. Repeat this 2 more times using
     2 other colors of ink. If you are using dye inks you might need to to this 3 or 4 more times with
     different colors. You will end up with a marble like background. Also as you use each color, turn your cs around a bit
     so that your lines will not land in the same place.
4.  DO NOT throw the crinkled card stock away. You can just turn it over and make another
     background.
     AND still DO NOT throw the crinkled cs away! ( I will tell you about this in a bit. ).
5.  Now choose one of your marbled backgrounds and make a card with it, making sure you add a
     stamped IMAGE to your card. You may use the marbled background in any way, as a background,
     cut a die frome it, punch shapes out of it, etc. Show us the backgrounds you made, which one
     you used and how you used it on your card. Please post in the gallery using the heading WF19
     Crunch Time. Link it here to this post so othat we won't miss it!

NOW!  Also make a card using the crinkled piece! I ran my crinkled piece through my xyron machine,
which helped flatten it and also put sticky on the back so that I could adhere it to a card. Make sure you add a stamped IMAGE to this card as well, post it in the gallery with the heading WF19 Crunch Time 2 and link it here.

There are samples of my bgs and cards below. The first completed card is the marbled bg and the second completed card is the crinkled bg.

I will be giving an RAK at the end of the fest that I will pick randomly. Have fun! If you have any questions you can ask them here on the post. Please no combining with other challenges.

April :smile:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:37:19 AM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: WF 2019 Crunch Time
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »
In case you didn’t see, Stampwilly said her challenge will be up tomorrow! O0
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:10:14 AM »
No, I didn't see that.  Thanks for the heads up!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »
Oh wow, so basically, I am using the crinkled cardstock as a stamp?  Am I understanding that right?  What a creative technique.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I like your examples a lot!  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »
Yes, you are using the crinkled paper like a stamp! It is your tool.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »
Fun & easy. Haven't done the crunch in quite a while, but have all the fixings...
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 02:04:34 PM »
This crunch technique may be a wee bit different than you might think. Instead of crinkling up the paper and then pouncing over your cs, this time you are opening up the flimsy cs, inking over the cs and then pressing your card front piece onto the inked crinkled cs. This makes for a little different look.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:09:32 PM »
I've done both techniques before. I actually prefer the 'open up' version since it gives a bit more control when transferring the inked lines.

Hope to do one a bit later & may use masks to shape the inked areas...
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 12:03:18 PM »
Sounds great, Daniel!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »
I had never tried this before it was fun making them, a little harder figuring out what to do with them, but finally got one set made into cards

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4359#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4360#top_display_media

I have another set made just need to make them into cards yet.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
I used four different oxid inks with the crunched up paper, but I didn’t even look like there ink on the paper, so since it was distress and Tim always uses water, I sprayed it!  Now I could see the color.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=102&pid=4346#top_display_media
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
The crunched up paper I sprayed it with water and flattened it under some books.  Let dry.
Now it looked like our ground and rocks out here in Az, stamped cactus and words
 added to stamped paper.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/21630F9B-912C-49C5-ADF0-9A436134C815.jpeg
Born on the fourth of July

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 12:23:18 PM »
Thanks for doing my challenge, Sheila and Connie. I like the different looks each one of you got.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 10:29:07 AM »
Finished another set last night

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4364#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4365#top_display_media

Instead of using the lightweight cardstock on this one I used some pattern paper that was a little lighter weight and used the backside for my printing, I liked the way the crunch background turned out but I think the marbling was a lot more real looking on the one I used cardstock with.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »
I have my backgrounds made, but need to make them into cards still.  Planning on working on that tomorrow!
~~Heidi~~