Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019  (Read 6421 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2019, 09:11:31 AM »
Me too, Heidi.  Now that I've started, I think it will be easier to keep going and get those Christmas cards made.  I don't want a repeat of last year!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »
Congrats to Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »
Congratulations to Cindi!  Thanks, Daria, for this month's challenge!  I was able to complete a fair amount of Christmas cards, and am happy about that!

Nora S

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2019, 11:00:58 AM »
Nora, I know you did.  I was surprised at how many times I wrote down your name and April's.  The two of you made the most cards.  Congratulations!

Well, actually, Cindi did with her twelve cards, but I only put her name in three times since they were the same/similar.  Now that I think about it, I probably should have put her name in three times for the glassine cards and three times for the Neenah cards.  Good thing she won with just three names in there.  Next year, I'll need to clarify that point in my mind and in the original post.  I wasn't sure what to do.

Daria
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:03:44 AM by djc »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »
Congrats, Cindi! Thanks for the challenge, Daria!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2019, 07:09:03 PM »
Hooray!    Thank you Daria (and Heidi for choosing my name)!

I had no notion of how many would count!  Happy to leave it up to you.

I'm kind of in the mood now to keep going on the Christmas cards.  Last night I made a few backgrounds.  I thought I bought the gold gesso to stencil with, but it's a little runny.  The stencil I tried it on was very open though, so maybe it would be ok in smaller spaces.  I wonder if spraying the stencil with a low tack adhesive would help?  I used some Cosmic Shimmer Luster Polish through a different stencil with mixed results, mostly good.

Oh, and I found a stamp and a die I was looking for in the process of making the angel cards.  Both were pretty much where they should be ... I guess I just overlooked them.  See what happens when I put things away?  I still can't find them!

Oh, and Daria, thanks for describing your storage techniques! 

My clear stamp mount has shipped too!  Anxious to try it ... and I ordered a few stamps.  Snowmen I'd been admiring, but resisting ... I lost the will power battle.

Thanks again for the challenge and the RAK!
Cindi