Author Topic: AIR17 Chill  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
AIR17 Chill
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:30:50 AM »
AIR17 Chill  July15-July23, 2017

This challenge is designed to help Artsy Inkers cool down and enjoy a mental respite from the summer’s heat.

Challenge Requirements:  Create a winter card with a kraft cardstock base and plenty of white paint or ink, either splattered or sprayed for the illusion of snow.  All the other details are up to you.

As always-post your result in the gallery with a description on how and what you used to create your card.  Also link your card to this discussion thread with a comment on what new experiences you tried in making your card.  Also if you felt the temperature change as you made this snowy challenge card (psst -this is another creative opportunity!)

I will draw for a RAK winner but no promises of how soon I can mail it…yes envelopes are still packed with my crafty supply boxes and who knows which box that could be :idiot2:

With the limited challenges for AIR17 I am asking that players do not combine their card with another challenge except for the Christmas card challenge and of course any challenges beyond AI.

May a cool summer breeze be yours today!...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: AIR17 Chill
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 07:36:40 AM »
Great challenge. I do love the look of kraft with white on it for snow.  Thanks for hosting!  It is too bad your stamping supplies are there, but where exactly?

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
Yes!  I'll do anything to cool down  8)
I love the look of white on kraft. 

Thanks for hosting ... keep shaking those boxes, maybe one will sound like craft supplies.

I was even scheming for you ... what if there's a coupon at Michael's? What one or two things could you buy and have enough to play this week?  I know you probably don't want to clutter your newly decluttered stash ... but I so wish you could play! 
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »
I definitely could use some snow about now.  Thanks for hosting Jan. 
Sarah

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »
I love the look of white in kraft cardstock and since I don't have any Christmas cards made yet this will be good!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »
Great challenge. Now I can add another Christmas card to my stash!

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 12:01:31 PM »
I have two cards, but I think only the first will count toward the challenge as the second only has a small amount of kraft.  I created both from a quarter sheet of kraft cardstock that I had around from a previous fest or swap.  I had splattered iridescent pearl paint to it and was able to use this to make two little Christmas scenes.  I had fun adding cute images to them.

Here is the first card:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3427#top_display_media

And the second (even though it doens't count for this challenge, I will share it because I used the same splatter technique).
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3428#top_display_media

It was fun to do this challenge, I love using kraft paper on Christmas cards!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »
I made two cards for the challenge, all one layer, used ink for the stamping and white paint for the splattering of the snow
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3433#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3434#top_display_media

YAH!! I have two cards for Christmas already ;)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:04 PM »
Cindi you asked if the bird stamp was part of the sentiment and no it isn't part of the sentiment but I wanted to add it and it was too big to be near the tree so I just have it perched on the sentiment instead!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »
Well I got one card done for this challenge and I would do it over if I had the time.  It looks ok but it could look nicer with a couple of tweaks.  We are leaving tomorrow for that state 500 miles away for another birthday party......so I have run out of time to play this fest.

Here is my card.  Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »
I had fun with this card. I always like the look of kraft and white too. Here is my entry.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3441#top_display_media

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 06:51:35 AM »
Heidi, Sadie and April terrific work in creating snow stormy conditions on your cards!  Each of you shared great results!  Thanks for playing in my challenge :smitten:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
It's snowing in FL!  I splattered some kraft paper today  :smile:
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 06:12:04 AM »
It's snowing in FL!  I splattered some kraft paper today  :smile:

So glad to hear your weather has improved :laughhard:  Looking forward to seeing the results!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »
 :( Ughhh! 
I was all ready to upload my card for this challenge when I re-read the rules to see if you had a Key Word.  Oops!  My card was not on a kraft cardstock base, it was a white base.  So, I made another card on a kraft base, but now I'm wondering if I have enough snow or if the card base itself had to be "snowed on"?  Let me know if this doesn't count and I will come up with something else ... in fact I had started down another snowy path and then somehow changed directions!  It was a long, messy day!

So, here is the kraft card.

And just for grins, here is the card I made first, on a white base.

I was happy to find a stamp in my stash for the inside of the card that says "Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!  :smile:

I did have fun making snow!  I won an open bottle of Liquitex Titanium White acrylic ink in a class where the teacher said she couldn't take the open bottle on the plane with her.  I haven't used it until now.  I think it makes great snow!  I put a little puddle on my craft mat, picked it up with a fan brush and tapped it on my finger.  It's a nice crisp white  :smile:  So thank you Jan for urging to use my ink to make snow! 

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:03:47 PM by Iring »
Cindi