Author Topic: Sticky Specks micro dot adhesive sheets  (Read 731 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Sticky Specks micro dot adhesive sheets
« on: August 15, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »
I used Sticky Specks, by Ecstasy Crafts to adhere some of the detailed Wireworks die cuts on my latest ornament cards.  I thought I'd let you know a little bit about them.  I also just found this video by Ecstasy Crafts.

I first heard of them when I watched a demo by Tessler Crafts during a virtual Stamp & Scrapbook Expo.  You lift up a release sheet, insert a die cut, lower the release sheet, pat a few times and your die now has little micro dots of adhesive on it.  I like it better than my Xyron X, it doesn't leave as much adhesive in the openings and edges as Xyron, and not everything fits in the X and I'm too lazy to get my bigger one out ... and it doesn't leave annoying extra adhesive all along the edges or openings ... they never show that on HSN!  Ha!  I do like my Xyron for certain things ... so I won't get rid of it.  I haven't used it a whole lot yet ... but I think it will last quite awhile.  I just cut a half sheet to keep on my desk. 

That said, you probably already have something just like it!  I haven't done a comparison ... but after I ordered Sticky Specks, because they looked so good in the demo .. I found I have these similar products in my stash

Thermo Web - Sticky Dots
Grafix - Artist-tac
Ken Oliver - Stick It

Everything old is new again!

Maybe there will be a youtube review out there soon?  Link it here if you find one.

I have only used them on fine/detailed dies.  I just watched the video and yes, I have been using the same corner of the sheet over and over again, I haven't used it on vellum yet, but that would be awesome.  Note : she is not rubbing hard.  Tessler emphasized, she just pats her die cuts.  In the comments someone asked if they were the same as another brand and she said Sticky Specks has more adhesive and tinier dots.  So maybe there is a reason I like this and wasn't impressed in the past?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 07:58:27 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Sticky Specks micro dot adhesive sheets
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 10:16:46 PM »
Maybe I will give them a try, I just saw them use them in a video on Paperwishes and the delicate ones looked like they almost tore when she used it, but maybe she pressed too hard.  I know what you mean with the Xyron machine leaving adhesive in the centers of die cuts and a little around the edges.