Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Stamping Challenges / Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July, 2018
« Last post by howdyheidi on August 02, 2018, 10:13:45 AM »
Hi Daria, I do think for a small group we made a lot of cards this July!  Thank you for hosting, I always look forward to it.

That is nice of you to offer everyone something.  I would LOVE the Elizabeth Crafts Cardinal!!!  It is retired and I couldn’t find it anywhere when I was looking for it.

Thank again!
« Last post by djc on August 02, 2018, 09:58:11 AM »
Thank you all for playing along this year.  I loved seeing all your cards in the gallery.  Only five of us played, but we made thirty-three cards!

No hat this year.  I just checked my stash, and I have items for all four of you.  Not all of them have to do with Christmas, but they are all new and, I think, pretty nice.  Three of them are either accidental duplicates or something I intentionally duplicated so I'd have them for RAKs, and I have a different Santa's Elves set that I have been using so I don't really need another one.     

Please choose what you would like to have, and let me know:

Hero Arts Santa's Elves Die & Stamp Set, photopolymer

Elizabeth Craft Designs Cardinal, cling, I think it's retired. TAKEN
I know April and Nora already have this one.

Art Impressions Boatyard Background, cling, I think it's retired.

Spellbinders Flower Bouquet Stamp & Dies, cling TAKEN

Thanks again for playing.
Daria
« Last post by howdyheidi on August 02, 2018, 09:43:53 AM »
I'm ready to make my list of participants in this challenge and count the cards they submitted.  Be right back.

Daria

Yay!
« Last post by djc on August 02, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
I'm ready to make my list of participants in this challenge and count the cards they submitted.  Be right back.

Daria
« Last post by djc on July 31, 2018, 11:20:35 AM »
Today's the final day of the Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge. 

I'll keep checking in to see if anyone makes another card or, maybe, a first card. 

Daria
Summerfest 2018 / Re: Time for a stamping conversation
« Last post by Far North on July 30, 2018, 04:37:59 PM »
Thanks Heidi for your review!  I too had issues with small fragments and learned to cut inside a box. 
Summerfest 2018 / Re: Time for a stamping conversation
« Last post by howdyheidi on July 29, 2018, 08:58:31 PM »
I recently bought die snips on Amazon.

I bought these recommended by Jennifer McGuire.  However, in the Q&A someone asks about die cutting and the answer was that they will for "awhile" .  Says they are meant for soft metal like copper.  I have only used mine on one set of dies.  I'd say they are just ok.

These look like they are made for snipping dies apart and reviews are good.

I thought Elizabeth Craft Designs sold die snips.  I don't see them on Amazon, but maybe they are sold elsewhere?

I think in one of Jennifer McGuire's "Favorite Things" videos she recommends two different tools from Simon Says Stamp.  One was sold out when I checked, theother is in stock.

Maybe someone else has a favorite pair of die snips?  I don't have enough experience with mine yet.

I purchased the Cheery Lynn cutters from amazon (they were the second link, I think) and had a chance to try them last week.  They work just fine.  You do have to make sure you shield the area because little dies or fragments of metal might shoot across the room, but they get the job done!  We previously had no good tool for this. 
Thanks Cindi!  I will soon be receiving 2 handfuls of little stamps.
« Last post by djc on July 29, 2018, 07:18:39 AM »
Heidi, I hope you feel better soon.  Very soon.

Daria
« Last post by howdyheidi on July 28, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »
I may still get an additional card in, but not sure. I became ill and today was worse instead of better.  I usually see Yankee playing along. I wonder if she is too busy with her grandchildren to play along this July. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10