Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Good Sales and/or Retail Therapy / Re: Retail Therapy at Adventures in Stamping
« Last post by Iring on May 07, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
Thanks Heidi!

Here are the dies I found.  Our Daily Bread had 30% off dies!  WooHoo!  They had really cute samples with the number dies for birthdays, anniversaries and 2018 for graduation.  They were especially nice cut from gold metallic paper.  I bought them even though I have a Silhouette because I thought I might have a hard time cutting that font with the tiny circles around the edges.

Most of the Poppy dies were in a box for 1/2 price because they are being retired.  I was sifting through the box with another woman and she kept handing me stuff, ha!  "Hey!  Look at these pears."  So I took them.  Then I put them back, then I took them out again!  I'm always thinking I'd like to do a Partridge in a Pear Tree theme for Christmas ... now I'd better do it!  Half price, couldn't resist!

Jan and I swapped some magic slider card bases from Paper Cut.  I bought rectangular openings and she bought ovals so we mixed our packages so we'd have some of each.  She shared some Funky Fold card bases with me too!  I got some cool paper from Hollo's by the sheet, mostly mirror card stock and after seeing the results of Jan's class I bought a package of MirriSparkle, also from PaperCut.  I'm not even going to try to photograph that!

Before I left, we die cut a few of each other's dies, so they will be fun to play with too.

Now I'd better get busy stamping, don't you think?!  TFL!

Oh wow, these are fantastic!  Thanks for sharing your purchases.  I love seeing what you got!
Good Sales and/or Retail Therapy / Retail Therapy at Adventures in Stamping
« Last post by Iring on May 07, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »
Since I'm always asking for show and tell ... I thought I'd share a few things I found at Adventures in Stamping   :smitten:

I kind of went crazy in Wendy Vecchi's area.  I always admire her samples, I love to watch her demo and I really like her color palette.  However, I don't have many of her stamps.  Well, I solved that problem!  I resisted the stencil/sentiment wheel last year and caved this year!  I was searching for a splatter stamp (because real splattering makes such a mess) ... found one!  She made such cute additions to the plaid stamp, and I'm a sucker for office supply styles.  It reminds me of a ledger.  I loved the bird and log planter from one set, and saw pretty samples with the note pad stamp and the flowers on the other set.  I'm picturing the circle frame around Tim Holtz Hipster stamps ... see what happens?  Luckily my mom gave me some spending money, so I can feel a little less guilty.

In addition, I bought a few Stamps by Judith stubbies to add to my collection.  I saw a few videos using Art Impressions new circlet stamps so I bought one of those with a 30% off coupon.  I swore I wouldn't stand in line to buy by noon again ... but I did!  30% makes a big difference.  Luckily I didn't wait quite as long as last year.  I also bought a little $3 grab bag at a stamp company that was new to me ... it had 18 little unmounted stamps, mostly tiny sentiments but a few images and verses.  I think I got $3 enjoyment out of opening it up and stamping them out so I could see what they were!

FREE Shipping!  Sales, and someone wins a free order, woohoo!  At Totally Tiffany.  Must order on May 5th, but you can put items in a shopping cart ahead of time.

Free shipping on purchases over $40.  They also have some unmounted stamps on sale.

Stamps by Judith & Heather
Stamping Challenges / Re: Christmas All Year 2018 - May
« Last post by Conniecrafter on May 02, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
I have new Metallic pens I need to use, so this is a good challenge :)
Stamping Challenges / Re: Christmas All Year 2018 - May
« Last post by howdyheidi on May 02, 2018, 06:15:11 AM »
Thanks for the challenge.  I am hoping this is the month where I will get a bunch of cards done.  Last month, I did not get a lot of any theme done, let alone Christmas! 
Stamping Challenges / Christmas All Year 2018 - May
« Last post by Iring on May 01, 2018, 10:26:14 PM »
Happy May Day!  Did anyone run around a pole with ribbon?  It's hard to believe it is May already, and probably doubly hard for those of you with crazy weather!

The prompt this month is to use something metallic.  That could be foil, mirror paper, an embellishment, metallic embossing powder, metallic pen (like Krylon).  Foils are pretty popular right now, if you have it, use it!

Please post any Christmas cards you make this month to the Christmas All Year album in the gallery and link here.
Thanks for playing!

Stamping Challenges / Re: Christmas All Year 2018 - April
« Last post by Iring on May 01, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
Excellent cards Heidi and Connie!  Thanks for posting!  You are way ahead of me  ::)

Be on the lookout for the May challenge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10