Author Topic: Pantone Color of the Year 2017  (Read 1752 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Pantone Color of the Year 2017
« on: December 08, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »
https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2017

Greenery

What do you think?  There are lots of color combinations on their blog, but they include like 6 colors, so I wouldn't use them in a card..
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Pantone Color of the Year 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:34 PM »
I think it's growing on me.  At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but the more I look at it ... I think I'll like it.  Maybe in small doses, I don't think I'll paint a room that color.  Also I'm a little bummed.  I bought an Instax camera after Thanksgiving, actually two because I couldn't decide whether to get the camera alone, or a bundle with case ... and I had to be in line at Michael's by noon.  I kept the single blue camera and took back the green one in the bundle.  Darn, I could have been right in style! 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 07:42:35 AM »
Cindi, you are too funny!

I do like the color, but it seems very springy, not an all year long kind of color. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »
The past month I have seen lots of the blue and pink pantone combo in our skies...due to our short days and the low angle of the light.  Each time I see the colors I think of  possible new colors that would be announced.

I saw news of this released a few weeks ago but whoever shared the info did not have the actual Pantone color.  They display a much more yellow green color closer to citron.  Anyways I was busy and didn't have time to explore...and thought I am sure Heidi will come through again. So many thanks for doing so again Heidi!

I am so happy with this green color!  They really nailed spring foliage.  And as we know foliage green goes with any color in nature. And I love so many of the combos they put together...not that I love every color but a brief combo within a line should work fine.

Unfortunately I find this color is not popular in many of our marker sets but although just a slight difference I notice it.  I will have to be more vigilant to find the best match.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think the greater challenge will be to look beyond using this color for only flowers, trees, shrub type scenes etc.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 12:25:53 PM »
Jan, you are definitely right that the foliage green goes so well with so many colors in nature.

In my tombow chart, it looks like #195 Light Green is the closest color (to the color from Pantone displayed on my screen.) But Greenery is a touch more olive than that.

On my alcohol marker chart, I have a color called Grass from a brand called Premiere by Nicole that is fairly close. 

With my distress inks, it looks like a mix between twisted citron and mowed lawn. 

I have some cardstocks that are a close match, I think it is Gina K Grass green. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
Heidi I appreciate your suggestions of green products which might match up to the 2017 Pantone green!  I made a note to myself so I can return after the New Year.  Thanks :smitten:

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »
Maybe in small doses, I don't think I'll paint a room that color. 

I'm pretty sure it is the color we used to paint an accent wall in my mom's place in NC.   ;D

Sarah