Author Topic: WF17 Q&A Chatty game  (Read 5572 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
WF17 Q&A Chatty game
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »
I think it is fun to do a little Q&A each fest.  Some of the questions, I am sure we have done before, but I try to think of a couple new ones too.  It is fun to read everyone's answers!

1) How long have you been stamping?
2) How many stamps do you think you have?
3) What was the last stamp you purchased? (You can post a photo or link, if you want.)
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting?
5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.)
6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year?
7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on?
8) What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent?
9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?
10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:45:42 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: WF17 Q&A Chatty game
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 08:55:32 AM »
1) How long have you been stamping?technically I started stamping around 11-12 years ago when I started scrapbooking but I really got into it about 7 years ago as far as cardmaking goes.
2) How many stamps do you think you have? probably between 100-200 :-X
3) What was the last stamp you purchased? Penny Black hello gorgeous. Pretty sure it's an older set.
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/paper-crafting sometimes I will get an idea in my head of how I want something to look and get frustrated when it doesn't turn out the way I wanted it too.
5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.) clean since it's a shared space in the family room.
6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year? technique challenges are always fun. Card sketch or color challenges are fun too. Maybe a birthday card challenge similar to Iring's monthly Christmas challenge.
7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on? heat embossing. I've always struggled with it!
8) What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent? birthday and birthday card!
9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?   hmmm, depends! I like memento for coloring images with pencils or markers. Versafine is my fave for sentiments and also watercoloring images. And for solid images I like chalk inks, hero arts inks, memento has nice dye inks. Distress is the most fun to play with. I'm an ink equal opportunist  :laugh:!
10) What do you want to ask? IF you had to for a whole year, do you think you could make a new card/project without reusing a stamp?
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »
1) How long have you been stamping?    I think I bought my first stamp almost 25 years ago!!  At a sidewalk arts and crafts show.
2) How many stamps do you think you have?  Oh boy, yikes, I have no idea, but it's a lot.  I've purged paper, but I haven't been able to purge stamps.  Many hundreds I would guess, as I have wood, cling, clear ...
3) What was the last stamp you purchased? (You can post a photo or link, if you want.)  I'm pretty sure it was this Hero Arts Color Layering Christmas Tree.  I got it at Michaels when Christmas was 80% off!!  Score!  I think there is a die to match ... I ordered this SU Hey, Chick  as my free set during Stampin Up Sale-a-bration.   I think it's so cute!  Especially that crazy haired bird!
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting?  Stamping straight ( sometimes I swear my head is on crooked) and heat embossing without getting stray flecks.
5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.)  Messy is an understatement!
6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year?   I think I'd like a sketch challenge, but I also love technique challenges.  Ooh, just came back to add, I think a fancy fold challenge would be fun too.
7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on?   colored pencil coloring, although I don't know if I have the patience for fancy coloring ... I have to be in the mood!
8) What type of card do you need the most often?   What is the last type of card you sent?  Birthday, birthday
9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?   I like Versafine Onyx Black for the majority of stamping, but I also like archival and distress lately, oh and recently used some Versa Magic, so yeah, I guess, I am also an equal opportunity inker!
10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.)  Do you have a favorite stamper that you watch on youtube (or their blog)?  Who?

10) What do you want to ask? IF you had to for a whole year, do you think you could make a new card/project without reusing a stamp?  Yes, and wouldn't that be quite a challenge?!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:29:31 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »
1) How long have you been stamping?Early 2000's I went to my first stampin up party and that got me stamping
2) How many stamps do you think you have?, oh my goodness, I have no idea, more than I could ever use in a year that's for sure
3) What was the last stamp you purchased? (You can post a photo or link, if you want.) Life is good from Gina K stamps (makes outdoor scenes)
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting? making something that I have in my mind turn out exactly like I had hoped
5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.) Oh my very messy
6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year? using more of my old stuff up
7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on? I don't know that I have a pacific thing that I want to learn or improve, just keep challenging myself to do something different every know and then
8) What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent?  Most of my cards are Birthday, I have a very large family... last one sent was birthday
9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?  I seem to reach for my dye inks for stamping and distress for backgrounds and such
10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.) Do you watch tv or listen to music while creating?

LeighAnn's question, oh yes I could make something new every day and not run out of stamps, I do use alot of sentiments over and over again though, I have my favorites
Cindi -- I watch Gina K's stamping, she has two other girls that do video's also and they all have a different style, I seem to learn from them all

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »
1) How long have you been stamping?   over 20 years
2) How many stamps do you think you have?   a thousand at least!
3) What was the last stamp you purchased? (You can post a photo or link, if you want.)   Heartfelt Creations Woodlands set
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting?   coming up with new ideas and trying a technique that looks easy, but is really hard when you do it! LOL!

5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.)  medium, not too messy yet!
6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year?   a technique challenge or challenges ( one each month? ) maybe each of us could take turns sharing a technique - have a sign up for a month?

7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on?   don't know of any at the moment, but I love learning techniques!
8) What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent?   birthday, thinking of you for a sick friend

9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?   Distress, Memento when using alcohol markers and Staz On when using watercolor

10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.)   nothing comes to mind right now - maybe later

10.  Yes I could make a card using a different stamp every day!
        Yes, I listen to music while stamping - usually contemporary jazz or oldies
        I like Tim Holtz's videos and the ones by Ranger, Stamp TV and Jennifer McGuire, yeah that about covers it all! LOL!

April :smile:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:33:48 PM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 03:04:19 PM »
I think it is fun to do a little Q&A each fest.  Some of the questions, I am sure we have done before, but I try to think of a couple new ones too.  It is fun to read everyone's answers!

1) How long have you been stamping?
. I started stamping a lot 5.5 years ago, but I got my first stamps over 20 years ago.

2) How many stamps do you think you have?
. I started counting stamp sets and then decided I have at least 100 of those + individual stamps, so definitely hundreds of stamps.

3) What was the last stamp you purchased? (You can post a photo or link, if you want.)
. I received stamps from my Design team but those I did not purchase.  I did purchase the Painted Autumn Gina K set in November, I think.  http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2757&categoryId=41

4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting?
. Stamping sentiments straight, heat embossing nicely.

5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.)
.   A little messy and overflowing onto the tv table.  I will try to add the photos.

6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year?
. I am interested in all types of challenges.  April, that might be a good idea to have a monthly technique challenge that people sign up to host!

7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on?
. Texture paste over stencils.  I need some tips on how to have it more smooth.

8) What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent?
. The last card I sent was a kid's birthday, although I usually need Just a Note cards or Thank yous.

9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?
. I use Versafine first unless it doesn't work well for a technique or for alcohol markers.  I really love all types of inks and regularly use most all that I have except the Brilliance.  I have several colors of Brilliance that I almost never use.

10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.)
I don't have anything else to add, but I will answer the other ones.

Connie, I do NOT often listen to music or anything while stamping.  Sometimes I am watching tv.
CIndi, I do watch Gina K and I really like Therese Calvird, too.  Her blog is Lost In Paper.  I love her accent and I like that she always comments back on blogs even though she is getting to be a big name in stamping. She is very good at coloring.
LeighAnn, hmmmm, I think I could make projects without repeating a stamp, but I would not want to. I definitely have my favorites!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:17:21 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 03:19:26 PM »
I was almost done with my post and the evil computer gremlins ate it.   :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I'll come back later and redo it. 
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »
Ugh!  Sarah, I hate when that happens!  I hope you'll try again later.

Thanks for the pics Heidi!  Maybe tomorrow I'll post a pic, but it's definitely embarrassing ... today the room was so bad, I sprawled out on the dining room table, kitchen table and kitchen counter  :o :o  I definitely need to pick up before I start the next challenge.

Connie, once in a while I listen to music, but I usually have the tv on in the background while I stamp, or today I was watching CHA 2017 videos on youtube.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 07:32:33 PM »
I was almost done with my post and the evil computer gremlins ate it.   :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I'll come back later and redo it.

Bummer!

I cleaned up now so I should be good to go again!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 07:10:53 PM »
Seriously, the computer gremlins really don't want me to post a reply.  They just ate my post again.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:46 PM »
I'm keeping it short this time:

1) How long have you been stamping? 10 years
2) How many stamps do you think you have? probably 1,000
3) What was the last stamp you purchased? (You can post a photo or link, if you want.) I bought 7 new sets/ stamps and I'm not listing them again
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting? keeping my Copic markers in the line
5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.) Messy
6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year?I like April's idea and I was thinking of hosting a use your stash challenge
7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on? color with more depth
 What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent? birthday/ by mail, Christmas, hand delivered, birthday
9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping? Versafine give the cleanest lines
10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.) What's your favorite embellishment
IF you had to for a whole year, do you think you could make a new card/project without reusing a stamp? Easily
Do you have a favorite stamper that you watch on youtube (or their blog)?  Who? I like KittieKraft's blog and AnnaKarin's
Do you watch tv or listen to music while creating? Both - in the summer I prefer music because the tv heats up the room.  And I also sometimes listen to audio books

Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
Phew - third time was a the charm.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 10:32:47 PM »
 O0 Sarah!  Seven new stamp sets, go you!

Favorite embellishment ... hmmm, I've been kind of lazy about adding embellishments lately.  Favorites are probably buttons though.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »
Sarah, glad you were finally able to get this posted!

I know my favorite embellishment is enamel dots.  They are easy and mailable. However, I do wish I would learn to use a lot of other embellies.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
It's been fun reading everyone's answers.

To answer my question, I think I might have enough stamps to create a new card a day for a year. I should try that challenge on myself sometime  :laugh:

For Iring's question, I love watching Kristina Werner, Gina K., Laura Bassein. And s new favorite, Justine Hovey. Her videos are usually under 10 minutes and she creates a lot of clean and simple cards.

For Connie's, I usually have the tv on something not too distracting.

And for Sarah's probably stickles(does that count!?) or enamel dots. I'm with Heidi, I really need to branch out on that!
LeighAnn