Author Topic: February Crafting Goals  (Read 2020 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
February Crafting Goals
« on: February 01, 2017, 07:53:29 AM »
I thought it might be fun to have a monthly check in for crafting goals you would like to have each month. It would be fun to be able to help motivate each other! I've learned that I'm much more creative if I make a list of what I want/need to get accomplished. Last night I made a list of things I need to do this month -

1. Birthday cards. My stash is depleted so I plan on making at least 5-10 to have on hand.
2. Christmas cards. I would like to make at least 5 this month. I already have 2 images cut and colored so that      shouldn't be too hard!
3. Organize some photos, starting from 2011. Before kids I used to scrapbook. Due to time, I lost my mojo with it but my kids love looking through old scrapbooks and want to know why they don't have any. Thanks for the guilt trip kids! So my goal is to get photos sorted and chose what I want to scrap. I've always done traditional scrapping so more than likely that's what I will stick too.
4. Make an Easter canvas. I came across this cute mixed media canvas video and I want to try and make one for my spring decor.

That's my goals for this month. It seems like a lot but I think I can get most of it done.

I hope you'll join in and share some of your goals for this month!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: February Crafting Goals
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »
Good idea!  It will help us remember what our goals are!  Your ideas look fun, especially the canvas!

Mine are:

1) Make 3-5 Christmas cards, as I only made one in January.
2) Get the birthday list printed up.  I accidentally sent my nephew his card a month early because I was frazzled about getting all the other January bday cards out!  Whoops!
3) See about having an album ready for the rest of the photos I have in the pile. I don't actually have a plan for these yet.
4) I always have 3 design team projects to plan.  And otherwise I would like to do 3 cards a week.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »
Great minds think alike, LeighAnn, or fools never differ.  I was thinking of starting a monthly goal thread.

Here are my goals:
1) Make 16 Valentines (I need a total of 20 and I only got 4 of the 10 I planned to make in January done)
2) Make 6 Christmas cards
3) Make 5 canvases for the newly painted front room (4 of the canvases are really one piece and then another one)

I'd like to get a few pages done for my scrapbook but I'm not sure I'll be able to get the first 3 goals finished.  So I better not add any more.  ;D

Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »
Make 3 Christmas cards.
Make cards for my design team.
Try a few new techniques.

April :smile:

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »
Well so far I've made 5 birthday cards! The only problem is there all pretty feminine and I'm going to need a few kid ones and a couple masculine ones. Guess I need to get rolling on those.

I also want to work on some Christmas cards this week if time allows.

I should have added start up my blog to that list. That's definitely a priority.

How's everyone else's goals coming along?
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
I did get one Christmas card made and posted, I have a focal point colored for another, but haven't got an idea for the rest of the card.  So that is a start.

I did post 5 cards on my blog, so total cards is pretty good this month, but like LeighAnn, I do need more kid Birthdays and realized I didn't put Valentines on this list, so I need to add that. I think even ODS wants them made to pass out at school.

No progress on the photo album or birthday list!  Yikes!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »
February is nearing an end, how are we doing!?  I am not doing much since my last update!!! :D :o :(. Except get the Valentines done on time.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »
Update for end of month:

Good idea!  It will help us remember what our goals are!  Your ideas look fun, especially the canvas!

Mine are:

1) Make 3-5 Christmas cards, as I only made one in January.  Yes, I made 4!!
2) Get the birthday list printed up.  I accidentally sent my nephew his card a month early because I was frazzled about getting all the other January bday cards out!  Whoops!  Nope, still need to do it, but I don't think I missed any birthdays this month!
3) See about having an album ready for the rest of the photos I have in the pile. I don't actually have a plan for these yet. I do have an album, but no other progress...
4) I always have 3 design team projects to plan.  And otherwise I would like to do 3 cards a week.  I actually posted 4 projects for my DT this mont and I think I made far more than 3 cards a week so that was great. 

It will be fun to come up with new goals next month!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »
Well, this month ended quick!

Heidi, you did great for your goals! I feel like I could never have enough birthday cards!

For me, I made quite a few birthday cards. 8 total. I still need to upload some of them!
Christmas card goal was 5, I got 3 done.
Setting up my blog- Nope!
Easter canvas- almost done. Just need to add a little embellishment or 2.

LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 08:44:04 AM »
I did ok with my goals for this month.

I got all of the Valentine's I needed finished.  And I did finish the 5 canvases.  But I still haven't finished any Christmas cards but I did stamp and color some images.  I went on a organizing tangent, putting away all of the new Christmas stamps I have.  So as I was doing that, I stamped images for cards.  Hopefully in March, I'll turn some of those into actual cards. 
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »
Hooray for all of you February goal setters!  I was a wimp and didn't even set a goal.  I think I'll try it in March though and see how I do.
Cindi