Author Topic: Hit the jackpot in Hobby Lobby's clearance aisles  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Hit the jackpot in Hobby Lobby's clearance aisles
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »
Hi!  Just had to share my super finds amongst Hobby Lobby's clearance items.

1. Pebeo Mixed Media Discovery set  Fantasy Moon pearl, Fantasy Prisme caribbean blue and buttercup, Vitrail crimson and lemon, Ceramic black.  The box says they are oil-based alkyd colors.  Create unique effects combining.  Prisme - colors with honeycomb effects, Moon - colors with hammered effects, vitrail - transparent and luminous colors with ultra glossy finish, ceramic - colors with a lacquer finish, opaque enamel effect.
Reg. $19.99 for $4.31  (6 20ml bottles, and actually, I just took them out and I have turquoise moon, rather than pearl, but for $4, that's ok!)  I'll have to look for some videos, but I thought they'd be fun to play with.

2. Molotow 2mm Empty Pump Marker
I was looking for this empty marker or the one with masking fluid in it after watching Anna-Karin's Skillshare watercolor resist class.  I found it in clearance!  yay!  I plan to fill it with masking fluid for some more resist fun, or I think I have seen these filled with alcohol inks to use as a marker.
Reg. $6.99 for $1.50

3. Zentangle 9 piece kit.  3 micron pens 01, 03 and 05 sizes, 1 pencil and 5 ATC zentangle tiles. 
Reg. $16.99 for $4.31   the pens alone are a good deal at that price.

4. 6 piece atyou Spica water-based pigment ink glitter pens. Clear, silver, pitch black, garnet, lipstick and gold
Reg. $14.99 for $3.23  I thought 6 glitter pens at that price were a steal!  And I just tested them and they do work, not dried out, yay!

5. Pebeo Gedeo gilding leaves, 12 red leaves with mirror effect.  These look similar to the foil sheets you would run through a minc, though they don't appear to need heat to transfer, rather a gilding paste.  The picture on the cover, with the leaves applied to glass, reminded me of mercury glass.
Reg. $11.99 for $1.54

6.  From the Christmas section ...a package of 24 little gold and silver jingle bells that are brads.
Reg. $2.99 at 80% off they were $.60

I was so pleased with my artsy finds!  While I was in the art aisle looking for the masking fluid marker (which wasn't there, because it had been clearanced!)  I found a flower shaped porcelain palette to mix paints in (also like Anna Karin's) and that is what I used my coupon to purchase.

Anyone else find any good artsy craftsy after Christmas deals?  Or get any cool goodies as Christmas gifts?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Hit the jackpot in Hobby Lobby's clearance aisles
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:05:08 PM »
WOW! Great deals!

I have not been shopping so much this month, so I have not seen any deals.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »
Awesome finds! I haven't been to hobby lobby in a while. I could spend hours there!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 08:44:43 PM »
Yes, it's dangerous, haha!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:44:56 AM »
Fabulous finds, Cindi. 

I saw those Pebeo mixed media sets at Michael and was seriously tempted. 

I'm so going to have to go to Hobby Lobby - I got a very generous gift card for Christmas. 
Sarah