Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2017 - August  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2017 - August
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
Let's keep that Christmas spirit up.  Thanks Daria for continuing to host Winter Holidays in July.

As always, please post your Christmas cards, whether or not you follow the prompt, in the Christmas All Year album in the gallery.

August's prompt is

Ding Dong Merrily on High

Ding dong merrily on high,
In heav'n the bells are ringing:
Ding dong! verily the sky
Is riv'n with angel singing.
Gloria, Hosanna in excelsis!

E'en so here below, below,
Let steeple bells be swungen,
And "Io, io, io!"
By priest and people sungen.

Pray you, dutifully prime
Your matin chime, ye ringers;
May you beautifully rime
Your evetime song, ye singers.

From Wikipedia
The lyrics are from English composer George Ratcliffe Woodward (1848–1934), and the carol was first published in 1924 in his The Cambridge Carol-Book: Being Fifty-two Songs for Christmas, Easter, And Other Seasons. Woodward took an interest in church bell ringing, which no doubt aided him in writing it.
My kinda guy  ;)
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2017 - August
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »
Sounds fun! I have a couple of church stamps that I can use.

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:30:19 AM »
I love that carol!  Thanks for posting. I will try to keep up the Christmas spirit this month!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »
I'm still playing with snowflake dies.  I made another card today and added Swarovski crystals that I'd ordered last year for wedding invites.  Doesn't follow the prompt, but it's one more down!

Crystal Snowflake
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »
I'm still playing with snowflake dies.  I made another card today and added Swarovski crystals that I'd ordered last year for wedding invites.  Doesn't follow the prompt, but it's one more down!

Crystal Snowflake

I remember you talking about those crystals, but I thought you used them on the invitations?  Are these just extras?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
I did use them (crystals) on the invitations but ordered extra Amethyst in case I wanted to use them on favors or something else.  I also ordered extra for general card making, including red for Christmas.  You know ... as long as I was placing an order ...
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 06:56:40 AM »
I did use them (crystals) on the invitations but ordered extra Amethyst in case I wanted to use them on favors or something else.  I also ordered extra for general card making, including red for Christmas.  You know ... as long as I was placing an order ...
That's how it always goes! Lol
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »
I so need to get some Christmas cards done. 

Great prompt, Cindi.  I really love how he made up some words to keep the rhyme going. 

On a side note, Cindi, have you ever been to Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales to hear the carillon?
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »
Yes!  It's a pretty spot and I love to hear the carillon.  Certain times of year are much nicer, for instance, probably not in the heat of summer!  Last time we went we had lunch there which was nice.  We met some relatives from The Villages area.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
Here is one Christmas card I made using a technique with my round gelli plate. This is a little more subtle than the others I made. I was wanting to use the church steeple in this card but I realized the church was in a frame and it would not look right on this card. So I used a lighthouse instead!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3477#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »
April, I love it with the lighthouse!  The colors and sparkle are gorgeous.  Your round gelli plate makes for some cool card layouts.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »
Here is another entry! I have one more to show but it is drying.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3482#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 03:07:44 PM »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »
Your cards are really pretty, April.  I love the added touches of glitter.  You're doing a great job of making a stash of Christmas cards AND using up some backgrounds.  Go you!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »
I made two EASY cards last week.  I might use up the pack of embellishments (it was a pack of 6) doing the same thing since these just took minutes to make.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3501#top_display_media

Last day of August! Can't believe how little I got made this month. Just about 5 or 6 cards total.
~~Heidi~~