Author Topic: Craft Themed Stamp  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Craft Themed Stamp
« on: August 05, 2017, 09:15:18 AM »
Have you guys seen this set. 
Craft Lady

I so want this.  And I love that it has a tape gun and a hot glue gun image.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Craft Themed Stamp
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
Super cute, Sarah!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
That really is cute, and I love the little sentiments!  So, I wondered, who is Brandi Kincaid? (Ellen Hutson site says that is who designed this set) ... and I found her blog.  I haven't read all of it but on first glance it looks pretty cool, and there is another sentiment set that goes with this stamp set.  I saw a sentiment I liked on one of the card samples under the stamp set, and it is from the sentiment set.  It says something about needing a pep talk from your paper.

On the chatty thread I was talking about my new travelers notebook.  Here is a cool blog post "on keeping a notebook", from Brandi's blog.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 11:07:48 PM »
I just found the link for the related sentiment set "Crafty Ladies Say".

Sarah, I think we need them both!

I keep thinking I need to go on a craft spending freeze ... but then I see cool stuff like this!

At Target today I bought some cool journal stuff in the Dollar Spot, including a tassel to hang from the spine that really matches almost perfect.  I think that was $3.  I love to look at back to school supplies  :smitten: and I usually buy myself something ... a folder, small box of crayons,  something ... But this year all of the folders were solid colors.  Did they pass a new rule or something that kids can't have cool designs on their folders?!  A few years ago I got a Pink Panther folder ... I have another one with mountains on it that I pack when we go to Denver - I put my airline tickets in it, luggage receipt if we check it, crochet instructions ...  Nope, today it was solid colors only.  I almost bought a plain white one to decorate, but it had prongs in it and I really only wanted a plain folder.

So, the shopper in me ended up looking in the pricier stationary aisle .... I found a set of 3 booklets from Rifle Paper.  I love their designs.  I usually see them at Papyrus or Paper Source.  I think I will keep one and share the other two with my daughters.  Send them a little back to school package even though no one has to go back to school this year!  I also got a pack of pencils with cool sayings on them, mostly because the packaging said "Life Coach" and my social worker daughter is being paid to take some Life Coaching classes for work, and she got her Licensed Clinical Social Worker certification ... so I thought it fit!  And can't leave the other daughter out, so I got her some binder clips in pretty colors with encouraging words on them (they are putting in a new software system at work and she had to take every patient's history over again, and chart their visit on paper and then try again to enter the new system that night) . She could probably use some encouraging words!
All because it is tax-free weekend in FL!  Ha!  Look what I saved! Not much.

Does anyone else still like to do a little back to school shopping?  Need it or not?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 08:41:44 AM »
That is a cute sentiment set too. I have not ever gotten into buying sets that are just sentiments, but I wonder if I should. 

Cindi, yes, some schools are very very specific about what the school supplies be.  The ounces that the glue stick should be and what solid color folders. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »

Sarah, I think we need them both!

I keep thinking I need to go on a craft spending freeze ... but then I see cool stuff like this!

I so understand that, Cindi.  I'm thinking that I may treat myself to the stamps because I have a birthday coming up.  Plus, I'm planning to purge my stamp collection.  I really need to get rid of the ones I'm never going to use.

I love school supplies.  I try to avoid going into the school supply section at this time of year because I end up buying stuff I don't need or won't use.  And it makes me kinda sad that schools have gotten so regimented about the supplies the kids bring.  I know with my co-workers kids, they were often told that they need a red folder for math, and a blue folder for social studies, etc...

I remember all the cool folders they had when I was a kid and Trapper Keepers.  I loved my Trapper Keeper.  Wow, I feel old now.  Course when I was in law school and grad school, I used plain colored folders, color coded to the class.  It was very helpful when I was TAing.  Each class I taught had its own color.  So the kids knew which sheet to sign in on for lecture hall and I kept each classes work together in a corresponding colored folder. 

Cindi - I'm sure your daughters will appreciate their back to school packages.  I didn't do any fun tax-free shopping this weekend.  I was thinking of going to Dress Barn to get some clothes, but I still working on crate training with the puppies.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 09:33:53 AM »
Sarah, they do still sell trapper keepers!  DS's new school doesn't have the silly rules about school supplies, so some kids can still have them. I have fond memories of my cat folders and am always tempted to buy those ones.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
I saw that stamp set on a haul video not too long ago and admired it.  The only crafty people I know are you guys and one granddaughter.....so I cannot justify buying it.....but I have purchased other things that I will never in my lifetime get all the goodie out of by using them, but I will by admiring them......LOL.

WHAT?  People without children in school are not supposed to buy new school supplies this time of year, who made that rule up?  I love new pens and colored pencils and notebooks and stuff this time of year......It's been a long time since I had children going back to school and I love this time of year for back to school shopping........LOL  In fact I went yesterday and was really surprised that I saw no winter coats or sweaters out yet.......maybe they didn't sell enough summer stuff and they want to get rid of that first......usually the end of July the winter crap gets wheeled out when it is still hotter then hades......

But I found all sorts of stuff being clearanced at Hobby Lobby....they had the sparkle spectrum noir pens marked down from 19.99 for 3 to 10.99 for three, they come three in a package......they also had one each of all the template studio add ons marked down from 19.99 to 10.99, I wonder if they are not making that anymore?  They had a package of 3 enamel accents marked down to 2.00....A whole lot of crap fell in my cart on the way past......LOL, back to school shopping.....
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
I'm so glad I'm not the only back to school shopper with no kids!  :laugh:

Thanks for that HL tip Sadie!  They do have a good clearance aisle, and they keep it neat so you can actually see what they have. 
Cindi