Author Topic: September 2017 Monthly Challenge  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: September 2017 Monthly Challenge
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/index.php?cat=12

I tried three ways all on one card.  I used an embossing folder and black cardstock.
Used perfect medium directly on shoes and gold pp.
Used water and pp and painted on stockings. Bronze color.
Used versermark and sponge through a stencile web, used versermark pen and word stencile and blue pp

Just need to finish inside and send to my sister.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »
Great challenge, my hubby bought these awhile back for his art and I never tried them until now :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3555#top_display_media

I only used it for stamping, I meant to do stencil too but ended up only doing stamping with Versamark for both the background the leaves for the wreath and adding the pearl ex to it.  I wanted the leaves for the wreath to have more colors so I sprayed them with green glimmer mist.

I always see people using a big fluffy brush to clean off their pearl ex but since that wasn't getting it all off I tried a swiffer sheet and it worked terrific, especially against the black background, cleaned it up real nice :) 
Thanks for hosting the challenge, fun to try something new

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »
Connie, that is a great tip about the swiffer sheet!  Thanks for sharing. I hope I find that the stamping looks crisper using them!  Your card is a beauty!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »
I really liked how clean the background was with the swiffer sheets

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 01:09:35 PM »
I finally posted my results from playing with Perfect Pearls..  I enjoyed stamping on glossy black cardstock and stenciling on regular colored cardstock for the background.  I didn't experience any issues in removing removing excess PP with a dry tissue. 

Heidi I didn't have any PP Ink to compare with Versa Mark but I viewed several You Tube videos that suggested using either ink.  I find the greater difference is in the paper selection one makes. 

Connie I really enjoyed see your beautiful wreath...thanks for playing. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:12:56 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »
I found another Jennifer McGuire video using perfect pearls to get a faux metal look.  Not sure that this card looks like metal, but I do like the shimmer!  If I get a chance, I will try another card using a stamp or stencil ... I realized after the fact that I used neither!

On the inside I used one of the stamps that you RAK'd me before your move.  Thank you!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 06:22:39 PM »
 I just found a video where they used a white eraser to clean up stray perfect pearls on a black background paper.  This video showed how to use perfect pearls over pearl embossing paste through a stencil.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
Have you tried a swiffer sheet, that works great and doesn't take nearly that much time.   I don't know if I would have patience to use the Qtips to apply the pearls but it does look very pretty

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »
I'm with you Connie!  I think I even sped up the video because it was taking a long time just to watch her sprinkle perfect pearls with a qtip.  So no, I didn't try it!

I did finally use pp through a stencil.  First I tried using a Spellbinders impressability as a mask.  It was too detailed I think, and I used white paper so I wasn't that happy with it.  I ended up painting over it with the remaining pearls on my craft sheet and you can still see some of the masked paisley design through it so it may be usable some day ...

For my next attempt I found a bright pink watercolor paper I had made a while back when practicing washes.  I cut it to ATC size and used a new ATC stencil over it.  I used Versamark ink direct to paper through the stencil and pounced with gold perfect pearls.  I like it!  It isn't a finished ATC yet.

The ATC background on the left was covered in Versamark (tried to print with the perfect pearls left on my stencil, and hoped if I covered the surface in Versamark, it might grab the pearls ... not so much).   Next I spritzed with water and dabbed with a paper towel, lightening the open areas.  Then I decided to play with shimmer in another form so I sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz in Desert Moon Endless Sky (blue) through the stencil.  The ATC background on the right was made with gold perfect pearls as described above.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:27:54 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 06:44:28 AM »
Cindi, Great results with your gold ATC with the stenciling!  It certainly fun experimenting with different combinations...thanks for sharing!

Many years ago I tried incorporating PP into embossing paste before applying over the stencil but I don't remember the results so I need to try that again.

I read where you can also use gel medium as well as other medium products...another opportunity for playing  :laugh:

Okay Connie, I have added swifter dusters to my shopping list...I will give a try  :smile:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:39:18 AM by Far North »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 09:02:11 AM »
Cindi, I love your ATC's Oh my you have my head thinking now of adding them to Christmas papers and such, oh my, thanks for the inspiration :)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:25 AM »
Oh Jan I forgot to write that I found a no name brand of sheets that work just like the swiffers but they weren't quite as expensive, just looked and they are Good and clean brand, I found them at my commissary on the air base, so I googled them, well I couldn't find that brand but look what I did find https://www.dollartree.com/Scrub-Buddies-Dry-Floor-Cleaning-Cloths-20-ct-Packs/p317898/index.pro  If you can get a package for $1 that would be great for 20 of them, I will have to check that out next time I go, I keep a box of them in my craft room and use it for cleaning up after using glitter too, wipes my desk clean.  Don't know if they $ store brands will work quite as nice but I was happy with the brand I mentioned above.