Author Topic: Stamp the Stars & Stripes! Open 'til 7/19  (Read 5290 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Stamp the Stars & Stripes! Open 'til 7/19
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
Here in the good ole US of A, July is the time when we celebrate our Birthday as a nation.  We have picnics, shoot off fireworks & display our flag.

I've worn clothing that has been starred & striped, eaten cakes decorated as flags & made crafts that celebrate 'Old Glory'.

So here's your challenge...

You have to make a version of our flag & share it on the gallery.
You must use stamping.

You have until July 19 to complete this challenge.

Since this is my initial foray into hosting a challenge on our spot, I would so like to see y'all posting posts. Sharing stuff, asking questions & yadda yadda!

I get a daily (local) newspaper & there was a fun item in Saturday's about making stamped flags using foot & hand prints as the stars & stripes.

Let the challenge begin! O0
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:04:52 AM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Stamp the Stars & Stripes!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
Aww,Daniel!!! Sounds like a fun challenge! I'm adding it to my to do list  :D
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
I really like patriotic themes. Thanks for hosting. I will be sure to play along next week.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:16:31 AM »
What a tease you are Daniel  ;D ...to only briefly describe your inspiration!  If your newspaper is online please consider sharing a link. Thanks!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »
What a tease you are Daniel  ;D ...to only briefly describe your inspiration!  If your newspaper is online please consider sharing a link. Thanks!

LOL, Jan! I brought my 'tease' along when I joined our group here. :D Kidding aside, I kept the challenge very simple so we could all begin to figure out how to do stuff on this format.

Sadie has already asked me which I'd prefer for sharing challenge pics. I'm no fool! I left it in her capable hands. I would definitely like to learn how to share a pic in a post. If I can do that straight from computor's picture files that might help keep our gallery space requirement reasonable.  On CP, for instance, I can manage attechments. Let's me put images in posts & remove them later.

Anyhoo... Hope y'all will make & share your stamped Stars & Stripes. Have fun!
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
I am thinking about how I am going to do this challenge, and hopefully I will have time before the deadline.  I do have a flag stamp but I was thinking of using other things to make the flag, I don't know though.  Maybe I will have time to do both.  LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »
I hope to do this challenge, but first have to figure out how to upload and right now that is a challenge.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 10:46:33 AM »
I hope to do this challenge, but first have to figure out how to upload and right now that is a challenge.

Ann. Do your flag first. Then we'll sweat the upload. And... I put in an 'end date' from habit. Don't sweat it! BTW. Did you know this is the Bi-centennial of our National Anthem? I didn't!
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »
How're we doing, pals?

Since my challenge is more about getting comfortable with the site format, I'm modifying my challenge just a bit.  #>

While I still require some stamping being used for your entry, I'm not requiring that your flag be built by stamping.  :o  You may use stencils, punches, torn paper, etc. to build your stars & stripes. Just be sure to include some stamping somewhere on the project.

That said, however, we come to the 'how-to-share' part of the challenge... Since Sadie has provided a way to include an image in a post, you can do that. Just share some whats & hows in the post.

If you want to go the gallery method that's fine. But then I'm asking you to provide a link to your entry on this thread.

OK?
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »
Yes, I did it!  Another picture in the gallery!!!  Starting to feel more confident with the gallery process.  

Thanks Daniel for the fun challenge.  I used the same stencil that I did on my June tag challenge.  It was fun to use for my flag!...and happy to use it in another way! When I send cards to OWH which are cards for soldiers to send to their families, I send along a few happy mail cards for the soldiers.  So that is how I will use this card.  

Here is my link. http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=14&pid=291#top_display_media  Okay got the gallery but not the links-LOL!  I used the world globe icon 2 row, 3rd from right.  How do I "hide the address" for when the reader sees "Here is my link"?  I love learning all these new ways of doing things! 

Thanks for the help and the kind gallery comments!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:42:08 AM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
WTG, Jan! Thank You! Love the way your flag waves! So does mine (hope to add it soon) #>

Your entry helped me. Now I know how to add a comment. O0
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
This was pretty fun trying to figure out how to stamp this but I did cheat on one of my entries.  I used an actual flag stamp.

Thank you Looser for hosting this challenge.  It made me feel holidayish working on flag cards on the 4th!  

Linky 1

Linky 2
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:19:11 PM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
LOL, Sadie! You didn't cheat. Both your entries are wonderful. I love both of them! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »
I just looked at the gallery and commented on the entries so far.  I love the feature of the gallery that you can just click the arrow and see the next entry.

I made a flag inspired card not long ago, so I am trying to think of another way to do it. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 12:06:15 PM »
Gonna try to link my entry from the gallery to this post. Wish me well... :laughhard: Hooray, Hooray! It worked AND I even learned how to put in the name in the link in one step!

Olde Glory
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:09:49 PM by Looser »
Daniel