Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2014  (Read 14595 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2014
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »
Uploaded my card for this challenge. 

Don't have how to attach it to thread yet.  Will keep working on that. 

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 11:00:24 PM »
Ann, I love your card.  I left a comment yesterday, but then I forgot to come back here.  That image reminds me of a Holly Pond image that I have.  It stamps such a great image.  I wonder if yours is also Holly Pond.

Here's a link to your card.

It's not possible to write out what I do to get that.  When I do, parts of it just don't show up just as they don't show up above.

I type the opening bracket ([) followed by url=
Following that I copy and paste the address for the post without leaving any spaces.
At the end of the address I put in the closing bracket (])followed by the title I'm giving my link.
At the very end, I type out the opening bracket ([), forward slash (/), the letters u r l and the closing bracket (]).  NO SPACES ANYWHERE

It's easier to do than it is to explain.

To get a clickable link without a title, just click on the hyperlink button above the smilies.  It's the third icon on the second row.  Paste the address into the box that opens and you'll get a clickable like this:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=58&pid=338#top_display_media

Nora, I see two more of your cards.  Those penguins and Santa are so cute.  However, you know which one I'm waiting for . . . 

Daria

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »
Daria, I will try to link my Christmas cards here later.  I now have 3 whole cards done for your fun challenge.

Nora S

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
Daria, here is one of my cards for your fun challenge.

Nora

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=343

[http://www.djhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid+343]

I'm trying out the new way:

My Card
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:36:35 PM by Nora S »

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 04:15:32 PM »
Daria,  here is another card for your fun challenge.

Nora

My Card
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:44:35 PM by Nora S »

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »
Daria, one of these days I am going to learn how to post a link the correct way!  I thank you for your patience trying to get this into my head! LOL 

Nora

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
Nora, I saw your cards last night, and they are darling!  I love what you are doing with that SU owl punch set.

I just posted a set of five cards.  You can see them here.

Individual photos and more details are in my gallery at Scrapbook.com here.

I've been working on these cards little by little.  I finally finished the last two this morning.  I almost didn't make them up because I didn't think they'd turn out very well; the embossed images were so light (Enchanted Gold and Kaleidoscope EP).  After I added the ink, I changed my mind, and they are now my favorite ones of the set.  Both those powders are stunning.  The Enchanted Gold reminds me of a gold cross I had as a child.  As you moved it, you could see bits of pink, green, and purple.  That's what this powder is like.  The Kaleidoscope shows bits of purple, blue, and green.

I wonder what I'll do next.

Daria

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
I uploaded another card this evening, but then I got interrupted.  I will post a link to the card here tomorrow if I can.  Hope I don't have any trouble! 

Nora

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:17 PM »
Daria, I am always amazed at how many cards you make at once. I was wondering if you might share your process for choosing how to make these cards sets?  Do you usually make a set with each particular design?

I have a card in the works today.  I am using glitter glue so there is a lot of drying time and I am also not 100% sure I have the design quite worked out so it may take me more time.  I am having fun with some new stamps and ink.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »
I did 4 cards. What's interesting (to me) is that all of them started out as essays in doing crayon resist before LeighAnn offered her tag swap. On another site I call this 'color, swipe & wipe'.

[url=http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=354]#2

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:30:34 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
Daniel, is white crayon what is around the cardinal in "Christmas in July #3"?  It looks like it's on the bird as well, but then again maybe it's how the photo is or my computer….
~~Melissa :)

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
Once again, thank you, Daria, for your challenge!  Here is my Fifth card.

Nora

My Card

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:47:31 PM by Nora S »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2014, 08:45:02 PM »
Daria, I am always amazed at how many cards you make at once. I was wondering if you might share your process for choosing how to make these cards sets?  Do you usually make a set with each particular design?

Heidi, I always stamp extra images in case I mess one or more up.  I usually do, and then I use it to experiment.  If I don't mess anything up, I might make a duplicate card or just put the image away to use for another card.  Sometimes, I'm just fooling around with different inks or embossing powders the way I did with those holly vines.  Normally, I only make one card.  If I love it, I may repeat it later.

At Christmas time, all bets are off.  I often make multiples of the same card.  I don't do them assembly line fashion.  That would require planning.  I just walk through the craft room from time to time, and I add another step of the process.  If I like it, I might do the same thing to another of the images.  The holly cards all have the same layout; only the embossing powders and colors are different.

When I CASED Nora's cardinal card a year or two ago, I made a seven of them.  I absolutely loved that card.   

Nora and Daniel, you're filling up that gallery.  Yeah! 

The gallery is driving me nuts.  The cards seem to just add themselves randomly.  I have to go looking for new ones.  They might show up on page one or page two.  At first, I thought they were alphabetical by title; but they're not.   Oh, well.  I guess it keeps me on my toes.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 09:10:32 AM »
Thanks, Daria. I am trying to think of a way to make my current Christmas card (not yet posted) into a few more.  You gave me some ideas.

For the gallery, I also haven't figured out what order the albums are entered as.  Maybe Sadie can help us make sense of that when she is back from her trip.  However, in the meantime, you may prefer to use the "latest uploads" button in the gallery just to see what has been added since you visited last.  That is how I have been using the gallery, and I check the latest comments button to check if new comments were made on any of my projects.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »
So that is how you can see new comments and postings!!  THanks Heidi!! 

Daria, I am still trying to understand how you did card : http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=58&pid=307#top_display_media

I understand it's a double sided sticker, right…then you added the glitter to the top of the sticker all over it….so it was clear glitter or white?….then AFTER the glitter you colored it? so that would mean that you had to color through the glitter? 

~~Melissa :)