Author Topic: Celebrate & share your personal triumphs in using this site!  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
For many of us, learning to navigate & use this great get-together place to its best advantage can be a bit daunting--especially if (a.) we spent lots of time on other sites & (b.) we're a bit tech-challenged.  ::)

We don't need to go into huge details, but feel free to if it floats your boat.

Our spot is still very young, but I am so pleased to see so many of us finding (& sharing) ways to do stuff here!

Let the posts begin! O0
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Celebrate & share your personal triumphs in using this site!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »
I'm celebrating several things...

I was able to modify my profile & add both my 'old face' & a signature.

And I've learned how to link to a post with a minimum of fuss.

I'm also getting more comfortable with how to move from one spot to another around the forum & gallery.

One thing that's helped me is that this site's format is similar to another site I use. However--no BS--this site is easier & (often) quicker! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
Good idea Daniel!

I very obviously post a lot here, and that is partially because I am just chatty on forums, but it is also partially to be very proactive about learning to use the forum and gallery.  

I really like the forum and find it really easy to use one you find your way around.

The gallery is fun, the best parts are the "last uploads" and "last comments" links.  

Posting comments there is great because you can actually edit your comment when you mess up and post too soon or want to make an addition! woo!

The forum is awesome because you can see in a glance what forum have new posts in them (by seeing which butterfly picture it has), then when you are in the separate forum (such as the Stamping Challenges) there is a "new" icon for which threads have new posts!  So cool!

I have not used very many of the text and smileys in the forum, but I should.  I noticed that many people have been using them and it does make the threads easier to read. imo.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:25:08 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:09:43 PM »
Now that I'm home from vacation, I've had more time to play around here ...

Today I added an image to a post, added my profile pic from twopeas so you'll recognize me  ;D and added a signature.  I need to actually make something so I'll have something to put in the gallery.

I don't know what happened, but somehow we picked up a bug ... DH and I are both feeling yucky, achey, tired ... I guess it's better than being sick on vacation, but still, I'm ready to be over it!
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:04:43 AM »
TY Daniel for this thread!--- I have already learned MORE from just y'all listing your accomplishments on this site!   Now I see why the butterflies are different!

I think it's neat that when you log in that you can click a link to see what is new or what has been responded to----I can see that being helpful when pressed for time or looking for an certain thread. 

I also like that you can choose how long to keep you logged in…might be good in some instances. 

I still have to learn how to add my 2peas photo…hence why I am a pink butterfly for now….though the 1/2 man, 1/2 serpent icon under "animated" was a close second….   ;D

I too need to make something to put in the gallery, which still relates to me needing to learn how to navigate the menus so I can see the challenges, projects, etc. 

I like that there are many menus and so it's organized----i's just a little overwhelming at first for me---but it's getting easier! 

I also like that you can see who is online or offline, but not sure how that is useful other than "feeling" like your online with someone else.   :smile:  Is there another use for it that I am missing?

Well off to explore the site some more!

~~Melissa :)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
Oh one more I thought was neat---I like how it lists how many posts per day on your profile page, but I also like the stat page.  kinda neat----maybe it's the math side of me that is drawn to those things!  

oh 2 more things!---figured out how to edit this post so I didn't add another line to add this next thing I learned----

you can just add a face exactly where you want it after you've written your text!!  With 2peas, if I decided later I wanted a face somewhere I forgot, the face would get added to the bottom of my text and I'd have to copy and paste it to where I wanted.  You don't have to do that here. 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:39:58 AM by yellowcherrios »
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 04:14:45 PM »
OH yes, added the smiley where you want is awesome!

And I learned from you, Melissa, that I could set my login to certain amounts of time.  Good to know!
~~Heidi~~