Author Topic: Oldies Challenge -- August -- WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 9585 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Oldies Challenge -- August
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »
Crayon on vellum? Very cool, Pug! I'll definitely have to play with that. TFS! O0
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 01:53:03 PM »
Here's a pic of my project for April's 'Oldies' Challenge--vellum.

I combined it with items from my received KIAE kit. See that thread for the 'complete' story. :D
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
You did a great job on your project, Daniel. I love how you used the vellum and I love the sparkle! Thanks for doing the challenge. :smile:

Stampwilly

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »
I took the easy way out and just cut a piece of vellum to tone down some card stock.  Truthfully I tried to make it prettier doing what Stampwilly did with hers and that didn't work out for me.  So I just cut it out with a die and went from there.

Thank you for looking!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 07:37:26 PM »
Sadie, your card is wonderful! I love it. I love the vellum piece over the pp. Thanks for doing my challenge!  ;D

Stampwilly

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 09:37:02 AM »
I uploaded a Vellum Card for your oldies challenge.  I have another card in the works as well.  I loved finding my stash of vellum.  Seem to have lots of pattern vellum as well as the solid color.   

Using Tombo mono vellum adhesive and it seems to work for me.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »
This is a great challenge, made me dig into my vellum paper that has been in retirement.  Have solid color and pattern paper as well.

I have uploaded one card, and have another to get ready to upload and the third one in mind to make.  I think I will be doing more cards with the vellum, as I have quite a bit. 

Actually used an embellishment on the uploaded card that has been around almost since I started making cards.

Thanks for the challenge.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
Your cards are really neat, Ann. I am glad you found your vellum.  :smile: Thanks for doing my challenge! Below are the links of her 2 cards.

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=451#top_display_media
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=452#top_display_media

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
I've enjoyed checking out the latest vellum entries and seeing how everyone uses it!

here's 2 more cards I made. One of my favorite ways to use vellum is coloring it with alcohol inks.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=453

and I had some leftover inked up vellum from that card, so I punched some butterflies from it to have on hand for embellishments. Here's another card using those.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=454
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 12:26:38 PM »
LeighAnn, your cards are very lovely. I have not used alcohol inks on vellum and I love it!   ;D   I will be trying this soon.

Stampwilly

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
Just a reminder that we are getting close to the end of the month! Can you believe it? I hope we see a few more join the challenge. I am loving what everyone has done so far!

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »
I needed to make a super fast thank you card this morning so I used some vellum. I have made this card before using a background technique instead of patterned paper, but sometimes you just have to be fast.

Simple Fish Thank you
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
Your card is lovely, Heidi! I love the fish. Thanks for doing my challenge.

Stampwilly

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 01:05:07 PM »
Here is my last Vellum card - I have been planning on making this card since you offered your challenge- but had to work up the nerve to start it.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=483&message_id=e8b658cb377ff4121ded866bd67da10f&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I hope the above will lead you to the card.  I couldn't find the right gallery group to upload it to.

Thanks for the challenge - I really enjoyed it and I still have lots of vellum.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »
Here is my last Vellum card - I have been planning on making this card since you offered your challenge- but had to work up the nerve to start it.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=483&message_id=e8b658cb377ff4121ded866bd67da10f&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I hope the above will lead you to the card.  I couldn't find the right gallery group to upload it to.

Thanks for the challenge - I really enjoyed it and I still have lots of vellum.

Your card is lovely, I think you should be really confident in the future and not have to work up the nerve.   O0
~~Heidi~~