Author Topic: Tuesday Morning Spellbinders  (Read 2384 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Tuesday Morning Spellbinders
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »
I was at Tuesday Morning today and they had Spellbinders dies for sale.  Most were priced $8.99 (for those originally $29.99 in the stores), $6.99 (reg. $24.99), and $15.99 (reg. $49---these were the really large dies that I am not able to use in my Cuttlebug).  They also had a few Colorbox ink pads and pigment ink squares (can not recall the brand) and a few Marvy punches and We are Memory Punches.  Lots more scrapbooking items too than the last time I was there.
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Tuesday Morning Spellbinders
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
My Tuesday Morning store is not really nearby, but I would make the trip to see if they have more Spellbinders dies.  I have found some great stamps there in the past, but a couple ink pads I bought there (Versa chalk type) were dry.  I have also seen a lot of Tim Holtz including paper, stickles, etc.

TFS!
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
Hmm... I didn't think I had a Tuesday Morning near me. I used to love the one in Arizona. But I went to their website and there is one in Madison. I will have to go check it out!

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
I try to stay away from Tuesday Morning and only go when I mail out packages.  Their store is right next to my Postal Shop.  I have found wonderful treasures there.  Purchased a really neat Spellbinder there for 8.99 original price was 30.00.  I believe it is called Star Dreams.   Also great paper, embellishments and one time a nic selection of TH stickles. You never know what you are going to find.  It is also great for other things as well.

http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/products/p-937-star-dreams.aspx
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:20:52 AM by Utah Ann »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:39:56 PM »
Uh-oh.  I just found a Tuesday Morning in Berkeley.  Never knew it was there.

Melissa, which big dies won't work in your Cuttlebug?  I have used the Sizzix Bigz dies without a problem in the Cuttlebug.

Here's the sandwich from the Cuttlebug manual.  I've used this without a problem.  You do not use the A Plate.
B Plate (on top)
Steel Rule Die, blade down
Paper, face up
B Plate (on bottom)

Daria

ETA:  I just realized that you are probably talking about the Grand series of dies, and the largest of those wouldn't run through the Cuttlebug because they are too wide.  I was thinking of thickness since I always look right past those Grand ones--too big for card-making.  djc 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:54:58 PM by djc »

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »
I didn't know anything about Tuesday Morning, and now that I have investigated if there are any in our area, I have found two not too far away. I must pay them a visit!  Thanks for the info!

Nora S

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »
I went to Tuesday Morning this morning (maybe I should have waited till tomorrow...) and they did not have any spellbinders nor much more crafting items than they did the last time i was there (probably in the spring).  They did have Autumn and Christmas decor out thought!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 12:04:38 PM »
Daria, you are correct ---I was meaning the Grand series.  My Tuesday Morning did have a rectangle Grand series that would work---but I didn't know it at the time.  The other Grand series were a large flower and scallop one and I knew by looking they were too large to fit through. 

Heidi, I had a friend who went to the TM's in Dallas area and she said some had Spellbinders and one did not.  One store told her they had just come in, so she wasn't sure if those without them hadn't gotten them yet.  My store got them at the beginning of August, so surely if they were getting any, they'd have them by now.

Nora I hope at least one of the ™ has some for you to go through! 

My store clerk thought they would get more, but I haven't been back to check.   
~~Melissa :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
I went to Tuesday Morning about a week or so ago ... I don't remember seeing Spellbinders, but I did come home with a few stickles.  I ran in to a stamping acquaintance.  She pointed out some Tim Holtz frost adhesive film and said it was a good deal, so I picked up a roll for about $3, I think.  They also had a few Claudine Hellmuth paint tubs, but I couldn't remember what I already had, and I don't use paint that often.  They did have some giant We R punches, but they are just so big! I left those behind.  Some Studio Calico flair jumped out at me ...
I was hoping to find some American Crafts card stock for my new Silhouette.  No joy.

Happy shopping!
Cindi