Author Topic: People who ship stuff!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
People who ship stuff!
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:28:18 AM »
I know this doesn't have anything to do with shopping but it is interfering with my retail therapy.  UPS stopped yesterday during lunchtime when we were closed.  It is a business in a small town most of us close during lunchtime.  I know I signed a paper for Speedy that if they come during noontime they will leave the package in the doorway and I thought I had signed one for UPS too but apparently not.  So they didn't leave the package and they didn't come back later.  This time it was something for me personally but next time it might be something we need to finish a job and that would upset (insert swear word here) terribly.  We must have a new delivery person because the old one knew that we were closed during noon.  Today I have several things coming and I may need to stay during noon so it will be delivered since noon seems to be the time they want to drop stuff off now.  That means I will miss my lunch so this afternoon I may need to release the flying monkeys..........

Anybody else have a hard time with delivery people?
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: People who ship stuff!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »
I've noticed that UPS and FedEx tend to show up at work around noon when there is nobody but me around.  I'm not sure why they have delivery guys showing at noon since most offices are deserted at noon.

And what a bummer for you Sadie that your going to have to miss lunch.  Definitely time to release the flying monkeys.  :knuppel2:
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:39:45 AM »
I think we have had more problems with delivery people leaving things out in the rain, or propped up by the garage instead of the front door (where we almost run over it then...) thank them not leaving it at all. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
The good news is that the delivery people came before noon so I didn't miss lunch......no flying monkeys were released.

I put a sign on the door saying we are closed during noon and pointed it out to the above mentioned delivery person, he walked right past it and didn't see it until I mentioned it.  He said he would try and work around the noon lunch thing.  Geez like his truck isn't full of things he could deliver elsewhere during lunch or here is an idea maybe he could take his own lunch during the 12-1 time period.  I would imagine the drivers get a lunch time.  Anyway hopefully we have the lunchtime logistics worked out but we will see how it goes.  I really liked my old driver, I wonder what happened to him, hopefully he is just on vacation and not gone for good......

Heidi that is really too bad that they leave the packages where they will get wet.  Could you leave a big garbage can outside the door with a sign for delivery on it so they could put the packages in there out of the rain?  I suppose your drivers are like mine though and they don't read signs well.

Craft Nerd how nice of you to stick around....eating your lunch.....and signing for packages during your lunch time.  LOL! 

At least I now know it is not just my delivery people who are a little strange in their delivery habits.  Thank you both for making realize it could be worse.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
I ordered books for a baby shower through Barnes and Noble last week.  They didn't arrive until 5pm the evening before the shower, and I heard the box hit my door!  The driver had to have thrown it.  I took a picture of the bashed in box just in case the books were damaged ... but they survived.  Flying monkeys;  I'll have to remember them!

Cindi