Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2014 - October  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2014 - October
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
I know October will be a busy month with Inktoberfest and Halloween stamping ... but just think how relieved you will feel in December when you have a stash of Christmas cards ready for mailing  ;)

This month's challenge is to use two two image stamps on your card.  I've noticed I'm slacking in the image stamping lately so this challenge is for me as well.

Happy Christmas stamping!  Oh, and as a reminder, please post your Christmas cards in the gallery set aside just for "Christmas Cards All Year 2014".  Thanks!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2014 - October
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:23:26 AM »
Always good to use more stamps. Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 05:00:58 PM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:34:12 PM »
Heidi, I'm so glad you were able to combine an Inktoberfest challenge with this challenge!  Your card is so cute!
I couldn't get the link above to work so I'll try again here :

snowman
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 07:28:28 AM »
Thanks for fixing my link.   O0
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know that Kristina Werner's Holiday Card Series started this week.  Here is a link to Day 1 of 25 inspiring videos.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
Thanks for the link. I haven't read any blogs in months!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »
I just posted one of the six cards (five Christmas cards and one Fall card) that I made at a stamp class at Mainely Stampin in Fairfield, CA.  It was a wonderful class with lots of individual attention--three instructors for twelve students. 

I just posted one card here.  I couldn't even leave all the details about that one card before I ran out of space in our gallery.

If you want to see the rest of the details and the other cards, they are in my Scrapbook.com Gallery.

I was happy to have the class in October so I could post this month.  Next month is taken care of too.  I'm going to another Marathon Class at Stamp on Over.  This time we'll be making holiday cards.

Thanks for the challenge, Cindi.  I really have enough cards for this year now.  I do still need to make the inserts and a few envelopes.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
I went to the gallery to check out October's Christmas All Year cards.  I did a search for "Christmas All Year" and found the cards, but mine wasn't there.  I had checked the Christmas All Year Album when I uploaded it. 

I went back and searched for Christmas All Year album, and once again everyone's card, except mine showed up, but mine was now all by itself in the section set aside for the album. 

What's up with that?  Do we have a keyword for this challenge that I don't know about?

OK.  Back to looking at the cards. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »
I hope I will have more time this month to complete cards.  October was super crazy!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »
I went to the gallery to check out October's Christmas All Year cards.  I did a search for "Christmas All Year" and found the cards, but mine wasn't there.  I had checked the Christmas All Year Album when I uploaded it. 

I went back and searched for Christmas All Year album, and once again everyone's card, except mine showed up, but mine was now all by itself in the section set aside for the album. 

What's up with that?  Do we have a keyword for this challenge that I don't know about?

OK.  Back to looking at the cards. 

Daria

Daria, your card is in the Christmas All Year album.   
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »
Daria, I enjoyed looking at all your cards and all the descriptions!  Love all the creative details!

I do have a question about card #4 with the mirrored base and using the sparkling texture paste. My thought is the textured pastes is the white part-is that correct?  I wonder how and with what you colored the dark purple-pink/red blended swirls. Thanks for sharing!

I too had some difficulties with getting my Inktoberfest cards in the correct folder.  But I think folks made errors in spelling the keywords then it was repeated by others. It made for lots of going back in forth between the gallery and the forums to check what was correct. For several challenge I found 2-3 different folders where the cards were located.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards Daria!
...Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
Hi everyone!

Your marathon card making classes sound like so much fun Daria, and the cards are always superb!

I started the thread for Christmas All Year - November.  Please take a look, even if you think you have enough cards for this year ... you might want to make some for Caring Hearts.

The folders can be a little confusing.  At the top of the gallery are all the latest additions, regardless of folder.  If you click on "Album List", then look under "cards" there is a folder called "Christmas Cards All Year 2014", it might look like there is only one card in it (Daria's at the moment), but if you click on it you'll see the rest.  I've been trying to remember to use key words, I put "Christmas" in mine ... I can't remember if we had a more official key word ...
Cindi