Author Topic: CHA 2015  (Read 8337 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: CHA 2015
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 10:40:06 PM »
At the end of Wendi Vecchi sneek peak today she responded to a few questions regarding Ranger Products. Here are the questions and her responses.

So are all the other pigment ink colors being discontinued? How about the Adirondack dye inks? 
            YES...glacier white (previously snow cap) & black tie will be the only Ranger pigment inks...we'll be using glacier white for the graniteware technique...

another YES...the Adirondack dye inks are replaced with the new dye ink colors...

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »
Great info Jan!  I am pretty sure my local AC Moore has the Adirondack inks clearanced, so maybe they knew ahead of time.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 10:17:35 AM »
I'm with you Heidi---I like those Scribbly Birds and Flowers!!   

Good to know Jan that Ranger is still carrying the dye inks....fell better about trying a few of the Adirondack ones now....

The Tudor Rose Collection is pretty from Spellbinder (sneak peak day 5)---looks to include embossing and cutting in the flowers.  And the Labels 47 is nice shape.  and the Tudor Rose card front is pretty to---but I'm not sure I'd use card fronts.

That as far as I've gotten through the scrapbook update link Heidi posted below.

oh and Heidi, I meant to respond to your comment on one of the threads wondering if Michaels will stop carrying Spellbinders...... I did think it was odd that the Spellbinders have always been kept under lock and key for years there, but the Michaels I have gone to seem to now put them out in the open on the end caps----so I often totally miss them now.  The first time I found them, I thought they were on clearance!  I was so excited until I realized they weren't...  :(  Not sure if stocking them on the end cap means they aren't going to carry them after then are rid of the current stock since they aren't stocking them in the aisles.  Time will tell I suppose. 
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 11:03:55 AM »
http://rangerink.com/day-5-cha-new-products-releases-tim-holtz-distress/

Ranger is adding one new distress color per month.  They will add it across the entire distress line (ink,markers, etc)  The new color in Jan is cracked pistacio (minty green?)  I think after the year is over there will be 60 colors?  Wow, that is a lot!

I am looking to add a few colors to my distress inks, so I may wait and see what they come up with.  I don't think this color is what I am looking for, but maybe next month's will be...

~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
Stampendous bought Dreamweavers stencils

http://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/would-you-like-a-peek/

Also videos of their CHA stuff.  They have some crazy but lovely embossing mixtures.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:29:12 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 11:23:56 AM »
Just saw the new distress ink color. It's pretty but looks kind of similar to a mix of evergreen bough and peacock feathers.  I'm glad they're adding new colors, looking forward to seeing the other colors as they're released.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »
Just saw the new distress ink color. It's pretty but looks kind of similar to a mix of evergreen bough and peacock feathers.  I'm glad they're adding new colors, looking forward to seeing the other colors as they're released.

I agree completely. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »
Oh wow! Dreamweavers was bought by Stampendous!  I wonder if Dreamweavers's products will be more readily available or if Stampendous will change anything.

I just bought 2 distress colors (evergreen bough and iced spruce) with my gift card last night!  and then to learn more is coming out! Hopefully none like I just bought.  I do think the new green looks kinda minty green.  I'll have to compare again after I get the evergreen bough in person. 

I'm excited that they open stocked the mini pads---though I bet the ones released this year will be awhile to get to the minis.  While distress ink pads are my favorite ink pad to do all sorts of things....I may be waiting for the mini versions since they keep raising the price of the pads.  Don't some of y'all have the minis?  Do you like them and does their small size limit you any?

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
The gremlins must have eaten my post about Dreamweavers becoming a part of Stampendous.  I wanted to share the specifics about the transition since Dreamweavers has some wonderful tutorials that folks here might want to take advantage of while they can.

"We are so excited to be adding Dreamweaver Stencils to the Stampendous family! Effective immediately Stampendous has purchased Dreamweaver Stencils and we couldn't be more thrilled. Blog followers will know that we have done many collaborations with this terrific product, and the two product lines are a match made in heaven. Be prepared to see a lot more inspiration using stencils, dies, pastes, and, of course, our stamps, glitter, embossing powders, and so much more!
Through the end of February, your Dreamweaver Stencils orders will continue to be placed and filled, as in the past, by Dreamweaver staff and facilities. At the beginning of March operations will move to our Stampendous location in Anaheim, CA. The Dream It Up Blog and Design Team will continue as they have been until at least May 1st, but look for lots of cross-inspiration on both blogs!!"

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
Speaking of CHA 2015 there is a special on tv live from California. It's on MARKT channel which is on 221 with Dishnetwork. Right now it's Tattered Lace that they are selling.  It says createandcraft.com on the bottom of the screen.

The prices seem a little high to me, but it looks to be a shopping network for crafts.  It says world premiere on the channel guide.  It said CHA 2015 on the top of the screen when I first turned it over.  They have shown lots of samples but not really how to make the samples, at least not yet.

LOL! Let me enable you!  Lots of pretty dies so far!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
Heartfelt Creations
https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/blog/?blogID=351

Sadie, I couldn't find the channel but I dont have dish. I hope they showed how to make some stuff eventually!

Jan, do you think the old tutorials for Dreamweavers won't carry over?.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »
Link to watch online live

Here you go Heidi, a link to watch online. It says this channel is on Dish and Directtv for finding where to view.  But it looks like a person can watch streaming online without having to subscribe to either of these providers.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »
Now showing- Paperclipping.com is posting videos from CHA presenting new products.

Sadie, thanks for the link to the home network!  Yesterday, I watched Barbara's presentation live. There is also a choice of watching previous shows. The first part of the presentation was a review of the new products. The later part was Barbara's demoing a stamp set, using the masks that come with the stamps and brushing on ink with soft fluffy brushes.  This is only the 3rd time I have seen a sales show like this so perhaps I don't have a good perspective...but I was thankful for Barbara's calming voice and creative style.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:00:58 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »
Thanks for the links. I did watch some of the shopping show yesterday online.  Neat to have that online!

I am looking forward to seeing some of the paperclipping ones as I know I enjoyed those last year.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 11:00:40 AM »
Watched a couple of the videos on papperclipping Jan posted---it's so fun to see the different cards made all on a wall like they were showing--some cool ideas.