Author Topic: CHA 2015  (Read 8338 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: CHA 2015
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
After watching the paperclipping video, I think I like the new color of distress better. Maybe especially in the paint. It helps that I do not have Peacock feathers. 

It is really a marketing genius who came up with this type of reveal. I can see a lot of people buying a set of the new stuff each month.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »
I too like the new cracked pistachio distress color.  I was surprised when I saw a distress color chart on Ranger that had 3 of the green colors the same.  So a made a quick chart to show the color used in different ways.  Click on the paperclip if you want to see a larger view.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:03:57 AM by Far North »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »
Even with a heads-up, I forgot to come here and check things out.  This morning, I realized that I was missing all the fun, and now I don't have time to go through the entire thread to see your comments about the sneak peeks, but I will later.  Since CHA is in full swing, I went directly to You Tube.  I only had time to watch one video of Tim Holtz.  The video starts out boring, then shaky, but then it focuses on Tim's demo.  He's always so good to watch.  I love the tips and explanations he intersperses throughout his demos. 

Today is my day to visit my sister so I can't hunker down and dive in.  Can hardly wait.

Daria

P.S.  I love the new Pistachio color too!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »
Thanks for that pic of the different DI's Jan.
I do like the pistachio one.
I'm so curious to what the other colors will be? I feel like there's already a good selection of colors.

Melissa, I have a few of the mini pads and I like them! I got a couple in some kits and I got a pack of ones for Christmas. I think they're a good price point, especially if you can catch them on sale.

LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »
Thanks LeighAnn for your input about the distress ink minis.  I hope they care the new colors in the minis someday...

Thanks Jan too for the comparison of the greens!

I too wonder what the selections for the year will be...The only colors I was ~going~ to say that I hope they could expand upon would be the purples and maybe grey....but I see there are a few purples already.  I am interested to see what's coming!

Thanks Daria for the link too for the show!  So many to watch!    :D

~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
So are all the other pigment ink colors being discontinued? How about the Adirondack dye inks? 
            YES...glacier white (previously snow cap) & black tie will be the only Ranger pigment inks...we'll be using glacier white for the graniteware technique...

another YES...the Adirondack dye inks are replaced with the new dye ink colors...]

Wow!  That's terrible.  I sure am glad I have reinkers for all my Adirondack ink pads.  I love those earthy colors.

Daria

ETA:  Thaks for all the links.  I added a CHA folder to my Bookmarks Bar, and I'm saving the links you guys have posted.  It's exciting to see what's coming around.
Sadie, I'm saving the link to Create and Craft; that looks like a fun site to visit.

I think I'll look for clearance sales on the Adirondack ink pads.  My original ones are still in the old pads without the raised pad.  It's difficult to do DTR with those, and I've long thought of replacing them with the newer raised pads.  I guess it's now or never.

djc
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:51:13 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 09:55:56 AM »
I have found that I need a chart in rainbow order of all the inks to see which areas I could use a new color to fill in.

Ranger used to have one, but it is no where to be found.  Does anyone have a chart like that they could share for any of the ink brands?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
I think I originally got this from Jan ...
Here's a link to a distress ink color wheel.  It's old, but there are blank spaces where you can enter new colors.

Britta Swiderski's distress ink color wheel pdf
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »
Well I got the first offer for the new distress color in my inbox this morning.  It's from a LSS 150 miles away to preorder cracked pistachio in all the different mediums.  The ink pad, the reinker, the spray, the distress stain, the distress paint, and the marker for 25% off the price.  It says the color is announced at the beginning of the month and ships the end of the month.  This LSS is giving customers until the 15th of the month (the 20th this month) to order online and I am not sure if they will ship the items or if one needs to drive there and pick it up when it comes in.  I wish it was closer. 

I was watching the youtube videos on CHA 2015 and Tim Holtz is demoing a lot of stuff.  He has the new color, he has new stencils, he has new stamps, he has new dies, and he demoed the new sizzix platform.  Wow!  I also watched Dini Wakely demo her paint with the precision end.  That is some nice heavy body paint.  It also sells on Amazon for $8.06 a tube.  The Dylusions new paint pots are interesting too.  It seems that they dry fast because they are not heavy bodied.  I guess Dylusions had a paint line before Dyan Reavely was at Ranger and now Ranger is carrying them and supposedly have improved them. 

I am not so impressed with all the paper line videos or even the die cut videos.  There are so many dies out now that I am hard pressed to buy any because I try to only buy ones that can be used over and over again and most of them you can't really use over and over for different applications; I could use them for a group of cards or a couple scrapbook pages and then I would just be storing them.  And I hate to admit it but all the paper lines look alike to me anymore.  It is more fun to buy the paint and make my own patterned paper. 

The scrapbooking iron thingy also looks interesting.  I was kind of looking around my craft room to see if I had anything else that might work for making pockets on a full page.  Not sure if my wax melter thingy might work or not.  But the ruler with the groove is the big thing with that, just lay that ruler down and run the hot iron across the groove and you make a pocket.  I wonder what the price point for that will be? 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »
Lots more videos on papeclipping.com now that CHA is over...I really like Dina and Dyan's demonstrations.
I appreciated hearing some of the differences in their paint and seeing them in action!  But so many yet to view...Hero Arts new ink pads, Wendy Vecchi's EP and Faber-Castell new gelato colors...Lots to see! 

Sadie, I am wondering if I could use on of the tips with my wood burning tool to melt page protectors..don't know if it would work but would be nice to know if it would.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:42 AM »
Tim Holtz posted the following of where to find the videos of his products: 

Ranger:
 - Distress Cracked Pistachio (paperclipping)
 - Distress Cracked Pistachio (scrapbook.com)
 - Distress Cracked Pistachio & Texture Paste Demo (scraptime)
 - Alcohol Ink Demo (scrapbook.com)

idea-ology:
 - Booth Tour & Alcohol Ink Demo (paperclipping)
 - Booth Tour (scrapbook.com)
 - New Deco Sheets & Textured Surfaces (crafttestdummies)

Sizzix:
 - Booth Tour (scrapbook.com)
 - Tiny Tattered Floral Demo (scrapbook.com)
 - ShadowPress Station Demo (scrapbook.com)
 - Booth Tour (paperclipping)

Stampers Anonymous:
 - New Stamps & Stencils (paperclipping)

Core’dinations:
 - New Kraft Core (scrapbook.com)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 02:53:07 AM »
Another short video...Elizabeth shares new jewelry shaped dies to cut her Shimmer Sheetz. 

Nice look..potential for gift-making.  Sorry the crowd noise is really loud.  Sadie I was only trying to do a link here...please correct if possible.

Video Link!

Edited by Sadie to make the video player into a link.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:47:47 AM by CarefreeSadie »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2015, 10:45:34 AM »
I've watched mostly Tim Holtz videos; he's a born teacher, and I always pick up tips from him. 

Karen Burniston had a great tip for using dryer sheets when die cutting.   

I was intrigued by the mention of an envelope generator APP that would allow you to put in the size of your card and then give you the info you needed to make an envelope for it with the new123 Punch Board by We R Memories.  The new board also has an extender so you can score larger pieces of paper without running out of board space.  I wonder if that APP would work with their original Envelope Board which I already have and love.

I saw one of Dina Wakely's demos, and liked it very much.  She was mostly talking about the uses of gesso, Multi-Medium, and her own gel medium.

I'll have to check out Dyan Reavely's demos. 

Cindi, thanks for re-linking the Distress Ink Color Wheel.  This time I printed it out.

Jan, thanks Elizabeth's video demo.  I wonder if she sells that great big sanding block.  It seems to me that with that, I wouldn't get so many scratches where I don't want them.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »
you can see the new ranger inks in this video.

http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/02/video-simple-foiling-new-ranger-dye-inks-giveaway.html

I only have one of the adirondack inks, so other than them being VERY bright, I am not sure what is different about the stamping.  They look great though, in general.  Maybe someone else here can say if they see a clear difference between these and the adirondack inks that are being phased out.

I will probably be buying the Royal blue colored one (Blue Ribbon) because I am missing that color in my collection and it is a favorite of mine. 

~~Heidi~~