Author Topic: How many colors do YOU 'need'?  (Read 4238 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: How many colors do YOU 'need'?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1012#top_display_media

In my lily of the valley card, it made sense to try stamping in green and coloring in with a different green.  I have stamped this in black plenty of times, but green really works!

That is just one example.

OOO that makes sense and looks lovely too....thank you for answering that question.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
Melissa, I have a Hero Arts mid tone shadow ink in Navy. It's definitely one of my favorite inks! It's not real dark but just a nice shade of navy and it stamps well.

Heidi, I think stamping your flower in green gives a nice softness to the image.

LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »
As always with 'All Y'all' (How's that for 'Southern Speech'?  ;D) I ask a question & get wonderful returns!

So enjoying the posts from all 'needy' artists when it comes to colors--stamp outlines, color-ins & more.

AIs Rock! O0
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 03:00:15 PM »
I always feel like I need all of the colors for coloring in images.  Which is why I have a ton of Copic markers that I have slowly assembled over the years.  Although I tend to use the same 3-4 markers in each color group over and over again.  But I like to have a rainbow of colors to choose from.  I am so the kid who had to have the box of 64 crayons but if you looked, I only used probably 20 of them.  I need to branch out in my coloring.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »
I guess that is one of the great things about crayons is that you can truly see which ones you use the most!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »
...I need to branch out in my coloring.

LOL, Sarah! Who sez you have to branch out with your coloring?  Just let me at'em! :knuppel2:

Kidding aside... For me 'colors' are my vocabulary words. I know an awful lot of words (sure that's not news), but I use only a percentage of them. Same for colors.  AND their price & shelf life is an important part of what I buy. I'll invest in inkpads & markers to give me a basic color vocabulary. For those extra 'words', I most apt to source them with crayons & colored pencils since both have long shelf lives.

If a 'new' color becomes a regular part of my color 'speak'? That's when I'll consider looking for an 'inky' version.  ;) 
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »
I guess that is one of the great things about crayons is that you can truly see which ones you use the most!

Excellent insight, Heidi! O0  With pads & markers, we stampers cannot easily tell how fast we are consuming any given color. With color agents like crayons, colored pencils, chalks/pastels (not the ink kind), paints, we can see which ones are getting more use.
Daniel