Author Topic: UtahAnn Challenge WF15 3=1  (Read 6641 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: UtahAnn Challenge WF15 3=1
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
My inks just came!  After everything warms up I am going to get the stuff out and see what I can do!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »
I didn't find any specifications for a finished piece so I made a little ATC card. This  is the gallery link.

I had some issues controlling my paint to just on top of the embossing. My white acrylic paint was too thin (top example on right). I had better luck after changing embossing folders and paint. If anyone wants to swap an ATC sized technique example-not a finished piece just the technique to start a collection of AI technique examples please PM me with your address.
TFL!...Jan
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:49:23 AM by Far North »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »
This is my 3=1 challenge.  This was alot of fun and I have another that you will see in the photos below that I haven't finished yet.  But this one is one that I made into a card:

flowers

This was so much fun Ann and I can see why AI are used.....I used 3 distress reinkers and they were so much fun to blend and play with on the glossy CS----BUT they took FOREVER to dry---I kind of hit them a little with a heat gun then just left them over night and didn't check on them until the next evening and by then 99% of it was dry--there was only two or three tiny spots that I had to get the heat gun on them.

I added the Liquidtec ink last and where I dropped and pulled it into the reinkers, it dried that night and parts alot sooner--just minutes!  So I am going to try this again just using my Liquidtex inks and if AI are anything like this, I am definitely getting them!  lol! 

The photos below are: "begin 3in1" is what the piece looked like before I cut it in half and embossed.
"irid white" was what the pieces looked like after I used what was called "Iridescence White" paint (I didn't think I had white paint at the time), but I thought it looked silver more than anything and plus it was really hard to see without shinning light on it---but it was pretty too though.  "White paint" is after I used a "Creme White" paint I found on them over the iridescence white paint.

Thank you Ann for a fun challenge !! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »
Well, I worked on my piece for this tonight and mucked it up.  I had too much paint on my brayer and it got all over the piece.  So I wiped the paint off and redid it.  The problem is that in cleaning off the paint, it took the glossy finish off the paper.  The end result is still usable but it isn't as pretty as it was when it was glossy.  It is still drying, so I'll finish the piece tomorrow.   But I may give it another go tomorrow.

Melissa - those backgrounds you created are really cool looking.
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »
I didn't get a chance to give this a second try.  Maybe during hangover week.  But here is the card I created with my first try.
Bird Card

This is definitely a cool technique.
Sarah

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »
A winner has been decided by Random Selection:

Craft Nerd with her purple and white background and purple and silver bird and background. 

Sarah, I have your address and will be getting a RAK out to you this week.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »
Cool.  Thanks for a great challenge and a cool new technique.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 07:53:12 PM »
Congrats Sarah!  ANd thanks again, Ann, for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »
Congratulations Sarah!

Thank you Ann for a neat challenge--I really like the results of everyone's!
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 10:22:09 AM »
Congrats, Sarah!

I'm behind on checking out all of the entries but I will work on that this week. Thank you Ann, this is one I will come back too :)
LeighAnn