Author Topic: Heavy weight Black cardstock  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Heavy weight Black cardstock
« on: March 20, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »
I have been on the look out for Kraft cardstock that is heavy weight, I bought some at JoAnns but it ended up being very thin, not good for a card base.  I like to buy the 8 1/2 x11 sheets and cut them myself.  I was at Hobby Lobby checking out what they have and they have cream and Black heavy weight cardstock, I decided to pick up the black since that would be something different, I always put inserts into my cards anyway.  It is from Paper Studio and all their stuff is half off this week, so the $9 pack of 50 papers was only $4.50, that will make 100 cards!!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Heavy weight Black cardstock
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 07:43:36 AM »
I don't have Hobby Lobby  :(  but Michaels also started carrying heavy weight card in white, cream and black.  I have the cream and it isn't perfect stamping paper, but it is still a great deal and does make a great card base.  Michael's kraft 80lb used to be fantastic!  Then they changed it and it isn't nearly as sturdy anymore!  So disappointing! 

Gina K card is fantastic but I wish I could find a less expensive source for kraft too.

TFS!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 07:43:38 PM »
Maybe I will have to break down and order some over the internet, I try to keep my local stores in business first. Thanks for the suggestion

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 09:02:35 PM »
I saw the "heavy weight" label on the papers at HL--I wondered what that meant exactly--not that I really ~need~ paper, lol!   

Does it list what the weight is for the "heavy weight" paper on the package?

Connie, I think I know, but what exactly do you mean by "I always put inserts into my cards"? 

I'm really interested in what the kraft paper heavy weight looks like----is it a smooth kraft surface or rough?

~~Melissa :)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
No it doesn't say what the weight is, I use the paper from Walmart for my card bases and to me that feels like the same weight, nice and thick.  I want smooth kraft color cardstock. I always write my message on a separate piece of paper and then add it to the inside of my card (inserts :) )  That way if I mess up what I wanted to write I can just throw it away instead of messing up the inside of my card.  I also bought a 12x12" pack of paper that ended up being pretty thin and I like thicker paper for the front panels of my cards, so I make envelopes out of that paper and the extra I have left over from those, I just turn over and write on the backside of the paper (the white side) so I am getting use out of that whole paper pack after all.  That is my favorite use for paper that is in a paper pack that I don't really care for the front of my cards I just use those sheets from a paper pack to make envelopes.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:33:56 AM »
Great idea Connie to use an insert!  I never had thought of that---TFS! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I knew Michael's carried heavy white (love it) but I didn't know about the black.  I've been using SU.  I stopped using light weight black from HL as it doesn't leave a smooth cut edge unless the blade is fresh out of the package.
Beth