Author Topic: AIR15--Clean & Simple Challenge -- WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 7881 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: AIR15--Clean & Simple Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »
Here's my card:  flower card

I really wanted to do this challenge, b/c I do not do CAS and I really want to learn to do this style.  I actually have a couple more ideas for other cards, but I am not sure I'll get to them this week or next with things going on here at home.

Thank you Daria for hosting this challenge!  It helped me to play with something I always wanted to but never made time for---I'll be trying more in the future!
~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 11:22:14 AM »
Melissa, your card is lovely.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else you make this week or next.

Daria

ETA:  I added a link to a sample card on the original post.  It's an old one but remains one of my favorite Christmas cards.

djc
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:24:15 AM by djc »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 05:49:29 PM »
I got another card finished.  Orchid Card

I had a lot of fun with this challenge Daria.  Thanks for hosting.

Oh, and I tried your link for a sample card, and I keep getting an error message.
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
Sarah, your card is beautiful.  The image reminds me of an old PSX orchid image that I haven't used nearly enough.  When I saw your card, I knew it was time to pull it out. 

Thank you for playing.
Daria

ETA:  I don't know why the link to the Sample Card isn't working for you.  It worked when I clicked on it.  I've had that problem before when linking to My Gallery at scrapbook.com.  Maybe it works because it recognizes me.  I used to be able to find a different link by clicking on my user name elsewhere on the board, but I tried doing that now, and it just takes me to the same url. 

Is anyone able to make use of the link to the Sample Card in the original post?

Daria
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:08:30 AM by djc »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:54 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1647#top_display_media

Here is my entry and it was so fun to make.  Thanks for the challenge.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »
Ann, I just saw your card, and I now have a big smile on my face.  What a wonderful, fun image.  Who makes it?  I love your card.  Thank you for playing. 
Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »
Oh Daria, I think I only got confused by looking at too many photos you provided and more!  But what I tried to create here was a background that complimented the movement of the image.  Thus carrying the image beyond with lots of open space and movement.  Hope that fits your thoughts of the criteria but no matter I had lots of fun!  Thanks for the challenge Daria!...Jan

Here is my post.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 09:06:16 AM »
Jan, your card is gorgeous!  White space doesn't have to be white.  The guidelines just call for lots of space to rest the eye, and, in my opinion, your background does that.  It doesn't overwhelm the design, and it has a feeling of tranquilty about it.  You accomplished your goal of carrying the eye beyond the image. It seems I could get lost in those swirls, and it's actually relaxing--a trip through infinity.  I know I'm saying it poorly, but I hope you get the idea of what I'm trying to express.  Thank you for playing.  Daria 

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: AIR15--Clean & Simple Challenge -- WINNER ANNOUNCED
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 09:28:29 AM »
Thank you to everyone who participated.  I enjoyed seeing all of your cards, and I now have more ideas for making CAS cards.  I like the guidelines from Addicted to CAS and CASology since they allow more leeway for making cards that I like, and this is so much easier than coming up with a one-layer card.  On the other hand, a couple of you did post one-layer cards that I thought were quite wonderful.

OK.  I just woke up my daughter so she could draw the winning name from my straw hat.  As usual, she didn't bother to open her eyes, just reached in and swirled around the tiny folded pieces of paper that I had already vigorously bounced around (I have my routine; she has hers.), and she drew a name.
I was happy to see this name because . . .
I don't think this person has ever won one of my challenges.
OK.  That wipes out a bunch of you.  lol.
However, I know you'll all be happy to congratulate . . .
our winner, . . .
stampwilly!

Congratulations, April!  I have an address for you, but I'd appreciate your confirming it for me.

Thanks again, everyone.

Dont' forget to check out the Second-Chance Challenge if you still feel like playing.

Daria

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:30:17 AM by djc »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 09:50:14 AM »
Congrats Stamp Willy!

Thanks Daria hosting and interpreting the details of CAS!  I have seen so many cards that have all white backgrounds it is difficult to understand what is acceptable but your challenge gave me much more understanding than previously.  Thank you! 

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
Congrats, Stampwilly!!!!!!!
Sarah

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
Congrats April!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »
I am so happy to find out I won! Thanks for the fun challenge because clean & simple IS a challenge for me!

Stampwilly

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 05:29:30 PM »
Congratulations, April! 

Nora S

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »
Thank you for offering this challenge.  This really is a favorite style of mine, and since I have been having trouble getting projects done, I started with this!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1665&message_id=137208ee0f41760e8692a257eca56b4d&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock
~~Heidi~~