Author Topic: WF16 - Material Girl Challenge (((((Winner Announced!!)))))  (Read 10103 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: WF16 - Material Girl Challenge
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 08:32:57 AM »
I am about to finish my project.  I am concerned about stamping on the fabric, afraid that the ink will run.  So I am going to stamp on a card stock and then add to the card.

Are their certain inks that will work on fabric. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »
I am about to finish my project.  I am concerned about stamping on the fabric, afraid that the ink will run.  So I am going to stamp on a card stock and then add to the card.

Are their certain inks that will work on fabric.

Ann, sorry I am not able to tell you which inks will work.  There are definitely some Crafter's Ink (made by Colorbox) I have seen at the store that say right on them that they will work on fabric.  That does not mean that the inks we already have won't work.  Maybe someone else has more information on this.  If I were to try it, I would use a scrap of material to test this out on.

I will look forward to seeing your card.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:30 AM »
I quickly searched google just now for "which ink pads work on fabric?"

This link showed you can use a lot of them!

http://www.crafttestdummies.com/craft-product-reviews/comparison-of-stamp-pad-inks-on-fabric/

When I clicked on that link, I realized we had seen it before, maybe over at TwoPeas, we had this same discussion.  Always good to have a reminder. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 09:14:31 AM »
I bought some memento Luxe ink because I heard it was good on fabric, I have not tried it yet, but if you have that it should work, I read the back and it does say for fabric

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »
Heidi, I am unclear about what you define as material not usually used on cards.  I have used cheese cloth, canvas, muslin, felt-craft, wool,  and glittered, gauze, cotton fabric, burlap, netting, organza...and I am sure others. 

Yes, I remember that ink review.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 09:47:47 AM »
Heidi, I am unclear about what you define as material not usually used on cards.  I have used cheese cloth, canvas, muslin, felt-craft, wool,  and glittered, gauze, cotton fabric, burlap, netting, organza...and I am sure others. 

Yes, I remember that ink review.

The few things I was thinking of were packaged fabric embellishments sold for use with papercraft and sticky back canvas, also sold in the paper crafting section. Also, ribbon dos not count.

So I think that pretty much everything on your list would work. :). Thanks for asking!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
Here is my entry. Thanks for the fun challenge! I combined this card with this challenge and Impress Me.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2392#top_display_media

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:31 PM »
I bought some memento Luxe ink because I heard it was good on fabric, I have not tried it yet, but if you have that it should work, I read the back and it does say for fabric

Thank you!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »
Here is my entry. Thanks for the fun challenge! I combined this card with this challenge and Impress Me.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2392#top_display_media

April

Stampwilly, I love your idea of reusing a piece of your kitchen towel to make into a flower!  That was super creative!  Thanks for playing!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 07:52:53 AM »
Ann, I have used memento dye inks and hero arts inks on fabrics with very little bleeding. Connie, I remember reading that the memento luxe was good on fabrics too. I think stazon works as well.

I am waiting on my piece to dry so I can put it on a card.  I used some liquid pearls on it. I didn't have much fabric on hand but I had some leftover felt from a kids projects. I was surprised at how well the spellbinders die cut through it.
LeighAnn

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »
So much fun and this was a fun challenge. 

Here is my card and I love it.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2408&message_id=640862fbdfb24000b928108ea63ecba8&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Thanks for the opportunity to use my Peanuts Fabric.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
Ann that is a super entry!  I really like that you were able to repurpose fabric from a scrubs top from the thrift store!  That is wonderful!  Thanks so much for taking the time to do my challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
Here is my card for the challenge:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2419#top_display_media

I bought the linen fabric in the remnants section at Jo-Anns last year, and never gave inking on it a try so I am happy that you had us use material, finally made me give it a try.  The ink worked very well I think.  The markers to color it was a bit of a challenge though, they bled very easily, but I wasn't sure what else to try.  I ran the lined through my xyron to attach it to the layered tag and I think the material got a little stretched out.  Added lace and flowers to give it a feminine touch :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 03:57:01 AM »
Connie, sometimes we don't know what products will work best.  If I am using a brand new surface whether paper or otherwise I start with some small size trials and try a couple different colorant  possibilities. If none are satisfactory I'd post a note on AI or do an internet search.  I don't know Spectrum Noir markers but I do know alcohol ink works best on nonporous surfaces...and I would consider fabric very porous. But since you got good results with your ink...you may want to consider changing your stamp to a more solid image that does not need additional coloring with stamping until you have more time for research. I love the texture of linen...be sure to share when get results that you are happier with.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 06:47:34 AM »
Connie, I think your entry is very pretty.  Sometimes you don't know if you don't try something, so I am glad this challenge helped you to try some fabric on your card.  I also love that you got two fabrics in there, both the felt fabric flowers and your linen!  Thanks so much for taking the time to participate!
~~Heidi~~