Author Topic: A couple of items to tempt you  (Read 1262 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
A couple of items to tempt you
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
A few days ago, I was blog hopping and came across a lovely card.  The post had a link to buy Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, and I clicked on it:  Marker Supply.  I have a lot of markers and love my Tombows, but I was curious about these.  I bought a package of twelve Zig Markers for $20.99.  Shipping was $3.14.  Mine arrived today.

Today I once again was hunting down cards that I'd seen on Pinterest.  I like to find the original source even when whoever pinned the card did not find it on the original source.  I loved the card someone had made with the Couture Creations Chiaro embossing folder.  I did a search for it and ended up at CropStop where, you guessed it, the folder I wanted was on sale for $2.00.  Uh-oh, other folders were also on sale.  Most of the 5 x7's were $2.00, and the A2 size were $1.60.  If you are in the market for embossing folders, take a peek.  I had to search around to find them.
While there, I also bought two Memory Box dies that were on sale.  Couture Creations at the CropStop

Fortunately, someone called and distracted me just as I'd located another brand of embossing folders on sale.  I completed my purchase without adding to my shopping cart. 

Enjoy.
Daria
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:15:20 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: A couple of items to temp you
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:50:41 PM »
Yes, very tempting! 

I wonder if this is the time of year craft supplies are on clearance? Michaels has tons of clearance right now.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: A couple of items to tempt youHe
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »
Heidi, yes this is a major clearance time for crafting products. The winter CHA is where vendor order major quantities of new product. Stores need room to display and store additional stock.  They often discount their merchandise that are their lowest sellers as well as ones the companies are discontinuing.  Some companies take several months to release all their new products--so clearance may be paced over several months.  The summer CHA is generally much smaller with product releases.

Side note--Wendy Vecchi has posted that several of her archival inks and Glue and Seal are being discontinued.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: A couple of items to tempt you
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 07:55:44 AM »
That does make sense about CHA.  TY.
~~Heidi~~