Author Topic: TIp--Using cardmaking product knowledge  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
TIp--Using cardmaking product knowledge
« on: March 27, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »
Ken Oliver has a new mini lint remover like-tool on the market which he is promoting to pull out the tiny bits and pieces of a die cut. So far I have only seen it online. But yesterday when my blower dryer's foam lint filter was full I was able to remove it and ran my regular sticky paper lint remover over the dryer's foam filter and all of lint came off and onto the sticky paper in one swipe.  OH so much easier than trying to wash the filter!  I would not have thought of it had I not seen Ken's mini-tool.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: TIp--Using cardmaking product knowledge
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:19:37 PM »
I have not seen that roller, so nice when we can get ideas to help us out in other areas through our crafting :)  I googled it and all I found was his best craft mat, my ranger mat is getting quite old and used, when I go to buy a new one I think I will purchase his mat instead.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:07:32 PM »
Ken Oliver showed the mini roller in one of the CHA videos...sorry I didn't realize it was not a part of his color burst release.  The mini roller is to be released at the end of this month...I will post a note if I happen to see an announcement.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
Oh I missed it when watching CHA Videos

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 07:30:30 AM »
I'm always happy when I can come up with something when DH asks, do you have any glue that can do such and such, or do you have a pen that can write on this ...?  I just have to be careful because sometimes when things go out to the garage they lose their way back in!

Off the top of my head, I've used mostly glue, and a stabilo pencil in non craft projects.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:32:58 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »
I'm always happy when I can come up with something when DH asks, do you have any glue that can do such and such, or do you have a pen that can write on this ...?  I just have to be careful because sometimes when things go out to the garage they lose their way back in!

Off the top of my head, I've used mostly glue, and a stabilo pencil in non craft projects.

I am always happy to use my craft tools for other things too.  DH sometimes asks for my Tim Holtz scissors for different projects.  Also, my DS (perfectionist) had a homework assignment that was supposed to look like a website, well it didn't print out exactly perfectly, so I helped him mask off a portion and use a white gel pen to clean it up. 

I also used some Scor tape to try to get some more life out of our window shades. 

I am not familiar with the Stabilo pencils, but I see the markers everywhere now. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »
The stabilo pencil I had in my stash is a waxy blue (or red, and maybe other colors) I bought for writing on the backs of photos.  DH used it to circle some corrosion spots in preparation for touch up paint on our airplane (we share a small plane with another couple).  After I gave it to him I was worried if it rained it would all wash off!  It all worked out, phew!
Cindi