Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2016 - August  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2016 - August
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
Sorry, I meant to get right over here and post this on the first ... got sidetracked!

Hopefully your Christmas mojo is still flowing after Daria's Winter Holidays in July. 

April posted such cute snowman cards!  I hope it's ok to pick a snowman for this month's icon?  April, do you mind building a few more snowmen?  Maybe it will cool us off!  It is still so hot! 

I can't decide between paper piecing and paper piercing for a technique, so it's up to you!

Reminder : these are optional prompts.  Please post any Christmas cards you make this month.

Stamp on!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2016 - August
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:25 AM »
Sounds good! I love using my snowmen. The more the merrier!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 04:26:09 PM »
I have a snowman stamp that I have not used on a card that I have posted. I need to get him out again.  Thanks for the prompt, I was hoping there would be one this month!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
I had forgotten to add this challenge to my crafting list, so April's post today reminded me to do so!

April, your cards are so cute! You have some great snowmen stamps!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »
Thanks for posting April!  You have a great collection of snowman stamps and you sure do know how to use them!  Super cute!

I hope you'll get a chance to play Heidi, and I need to make time too.  I have a stamp in mind ... but that's it so far, still in mind!
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 09:44:34 AM »
I finally made a Christmas card.  I have been in a funk lately.
Anyway this started out with me playing with some stencil pastes my daughter had.  Don't remember what it was called.  She has some weird ones she got at an art store.  This one has like gravel in it, not like the sand one with little pieces, this had big peices in it.  I put it through stencil.  The details were lost so I traced the shape with fine liner pen. A few days later I colored it with  Tim Holtz crayons and moved the color with a water brush.  Watercolored Sky with watercolor paint with mica in it.  My daughter said it needed a tiny red bird, so I did it.
Looked so wintery I made it into my first Christmas card of the year.  Not something to mass produce.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:47:36 AM »
I got a snowman card done in August. Barely! 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2876#top_display_media

Yankee, that paste sounds very interesting, I will be checking out your card in the gallery.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
Yankee, that is such a cool tree card!  I can understand it is not one to mass produce, but it is a one of a kind masterpiece!  Love the pop of the little red bird.  That embossing paste made wonderful branches.  Good idea to color them and outline too.

Heidi, your card is adorable!  Love how you make even a dollar sentiment stamp look wonderful!

Thanks everyone for playing.  What has happened to August?!! 
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:44 PM »

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 09:20:18 PM »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 07:38:39 PM »
Thanks for posting Nora.  I left comments in the gallery.  I'll try to post October's challenge tonight or tomorrow.  Time flies!!
Cindi