Author Topic: INK16 Holiday Stylin  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
INK16 Holiday Stylin
« on: October 15, 2016, 12:54:35 AM »
Recently I have seen several winter holiday cards across blogland with a cut-out window.  So I thought it would be a fun challenge.

Challenge basics:  create a circle cut-out through your card’s front cover.  This provides three surfaces for players to enjoy playing with some your favorite products and tools.  This includes designing the card cover; attachments to the inside of the circle opening and a background inside the cover.  The background will also provide full use of the inside right panel for a greeting.  Please include some stamping on your card.

Cards for this challenge can be combined with 2 other challenges that allow for such a combination.

Please place a photo of your finished card in the gallery and then add a link on this thread along with any suggestions or thoughts if you would repeat making such a card.

This challenge will remain open until the close of Inktoberfest16 your time.  I will select a  RAK winner with a random drawing of all players based on the number of each player’s entries.

Have Fun!..Jan
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:44:54 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: INK16 Holiday Stylin
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
This sounds fun. I do not usually do this kind of card, but I will give it a try!

Thanks so much for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »
I think I understand what you want, I don't do many window cards either so this will be fun

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »
That makes 3 of use who don't do window cards.  I always love trying something new.

Do you want us to use a label when posting in the gallery?
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »
I am glad this will be a new type of card for you! 

Yes, please label your card when posting in the gallery the same as the title...  INK16 Holiday Stylin

Have fun!...Jan

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
Hi Jan. I think I understand this, but can you link us to a picture? I am a visual person. Thanks a bunch! :smile:

April

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 06:56:49 PM »
April-here is here is one sample as well as a video at the end of the bloggers post. My instructions are for the card concept please feel free to adjust with what supplies you have on hand. I hope you enjoy the challenge....shout out if you still have some questions.
...Jan
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:22:48 AM by Far North »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 07:27:35 AM »
Thanks so much for sharing the link and video, I too am a visual person and was thinking you wanted a whole totally cut through the front and the scene to be partly on the inside but then you said you could still write a message on the inside so I couldn't figure out how that was going to work, LOL!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 08:57:18 AM »
Thanks for the video.  I was thinking the same thing as Connie.  Plus, I got 2 great ideas from the video - using an acrylic block to press down when gluing and putting tape around the magnets for the Misti to give you a tab for picking them up.  The magnet thing is just genius. 

And I revise my earlier statement, I have done this type of window card and I really like them.   And I have some ideas for this one. 
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
Glad the sample and video are helpful!  Most of the posting I am seeing are smaller sized circle cutouts. I think that's because a couple stamp companies have released new small stamps (Hero Arts and I think Lawn Fawn).  As I added below feel free to adjust your work to fit the products you already have.  Have fun today!...Jan
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:16:11 AM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
Thanks for the link, Jan. It is much clearer to me now. I love the look and can't wait to try this!

April

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
Here is my entry. I reread the instructions and I saw you said to cut a circle. I used a different shape in order to get my Christmas tree die in it. If you want me to make just a circle I can do another one. I enjoyed this challenge.

I used one of my warm challenge backgrounds on this card. The cardinal is a stamp I colored with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut to add to the card.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2972#top_display_media

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 03:38:26 PM »
Hi April!  Your card is beautiful!  It definitely qualifies for this challenge.  As I said in my last post below you can change product suggestions to use what works from your collection.  I was glad to see the tree die cut too since I have one on order and been waiting a long time for it to arrive.  Also checkout the details to be included in the 2nd chance RAK drawing on the Warm-Up post.  Thanks for playing!...Jan

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 06:00:18 PM »
Hope this the look you wanted.  Haven't many cutting dies yet.  Only had machine about a month.
So I stenciled, and painted stenciling as my bottom layer.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/thumbnails.php?album=91
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
Thanks Yankee for your embossed card!  Glad you got to play.