Author Topic: Stampscapes  (Read 1843 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Stampscapes
« on: October 10, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
Ok this afternoon I watched a youtube video by Stampscapes and he was making a stampscape.....his name is what he does.  It was interesting but it was 2 hours 24 minutes and 31 seconds of him explaining what he was doing and why, which don't get me wrong was really interesting and his final product was beautiful. I remember doing some stamping that made pictures but I never got this involved.  If anyone remembers watching Bob Ross on Saturday afternoons with his strange painting tools and his soft teaching voice; this guy is the Bob Ross of stamping.  In case anyone wants to watch here is the URL.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Stampscapes
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:18:11 PM »
I like watching stampscapes because the guy's voice is so calm and soothing and I really like to see how he puts the scenes together.  It kindof is like watching Bob Ross!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »
LOl! I never thought of him as Bob Ross but you're sight Sadie! 

I too like watching him and you can get caught up just watching the scene appear.  Plus he makes you feel like you can do it too---Bob Ross always made me feel like I too could paint the picture he was painting. 

~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:19:43 AM »
Thanks Sadie for the reminder of these wonderful videos. During one of the 2 Pea events Anna-Karin hosted a scene making challenge.  Several of us spent many hours watching the wonderful videos at that time.  I still want to return to do some more scenic stamping.  Here is a  challenge blog that is called Make a Scene.  It has lots of additional information.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:22:16 AM by Far North »

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »
I've been eyeing my Stampscapes and would like to use them.  Thanks for the link to the S.C. tutorial, and for the link to the scene challenge site.  Will look at them both.
Beth