Author Topic: Christmas All Year - April 2019  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - April 2019
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:04:21 PM »
This month, let's make Easter cards instead.  APRIL FOOLS!

Of course, I hope you make some Easter cards, but let's keep the Christmas cards coming too!

This month's theme prompt is anything that starts with the letter     

D

I found a technique for you if you'd like to use it, and it's full of "D's"!

It's on splitcoaststampers : Dazzling Diamond Dust
I think it works well for Christmas!

Please upload your creations to the Christmas All Year album in the gallery and link here.
Have fun!  Just think how happy you'll be to have a stash of cards come December!

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - April 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 10:19:13 AM »
Like that tutorial, may have to see if I have any embossing powder that will work and stamp set that it will look good with :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 12:08:08 PM »
Thanks for hosting!  The recollections sparkle embossing powder might work, right?
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Thanks for the prompt! I already have an idea!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »
Heidi, I'm not sure .. if it's translucent it should work.  Maybe try it over a scrap before you spend an hour coloring and then obscure it with embossing powder!  I know I did this technique years ago in a Stampin Up class with one of their powders.

I added an embossing powder to my wish list today (not for this technique).  I watched a Jennifer McGuire video.  She used Hero Arts satin pearl  EP, she said it picks up the color of the ink underneath, and has a pearl finish.  She stamped with a light blue ink, then Versamark, then used the EP.  Sounds cool, but then I'm liable to buy it, add it to stash, and then forget what it does!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 08:46:33 PM »
so true Cindi, I don't know how many things I bought and then can't remember for the life of me what it was supposed to do.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »
One of the two alcohol ink cards I made yesterday was for Christmas.  I did not use the prompt, but am going to be thinking about the letter D!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4459#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 01:15:57 PM »
No problem about the prompt Heidi!  Your cards are gorgeous.  I love the way you sized and positioned your backgrounds (yep, I always like your layouts!).  Are the birds dies that you inked?  Love the color variations!  Think about that letter "D", haha!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 03:13:22 PM »
No problem about the prompt Heidi!  Your cards are gorgeous.  I love the way you sized and positioned your backgrounds (yep, I always like your layouts!).  Are the birds dies that you inked?  Love the color variations!  Think about that letter "D", haha!

Yes, the birds are part of the birch tree die set. I colored a boy and a girl cardinal.  Haven’t thought of things that start with D yet!!! Lol
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
Here I am once again posting at the last minute, I only have two of 6 of these done, I plan on giving them to my sisters and brothers but can't say that on my blog because one of my sisters checks my blog quite regularly.  I didn't have the right embossing powder but I think what I did have turned out ok. Thanks for the challenge, I am that much closer to my goal :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4473#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 07:29:12 PM »
Well done stampers!   Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas cards this month.  You are on a roll.  I left comments in the gallery.  Once again, I'm not keeping up ... One of these days  ::)
Cindi