Author Topic: WF20 Cardboard -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!  (Read 2744 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
WF20 Cardboard -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!
« on: January 31, 2020, 09:18:09 AM »
My challenge is to use a piece of cardboard for the front of your card. You may use a piece from a box. I used a thinner piece from a paper pad. Sometimes they have those in a paper pad to keep the pad sturdy.

Please follow the technique in the video here.  https://tinascraftyinkspot.com/technique-tuesday-episode-27corrugated-cardboard-background/  She talks a lot so you may want to start at 6:40. She uses acrylic paint. If you do not want to use acrylic paint, swiping over the cardboard with an ink pad several times works well too. If you do use acrylic paint, I found that using a brayer to apply the paint works better. The paint does not seep into the ridges as much.

Here are the rules! :smile:

1. Follow the technique in the video using paint or ink
2. Use at least one image stamp, not just a saying. You may stamp directly on the card, fussy
    cut or cut out the stamp with a die
3. Please post your card in the gallery under Winterfest 2020 with the heading WF20 Cardboard,
      then please post the
    link here so that we will not miss it.

I hope you will enjoy this technique. I will give an RAK to a randomly chosen winner! Most of all have fun.

Below are my samples using paint and ink. On the blue card I used paint and permanent ink to stamp the image.  On the brown card I use Distress ink and cut out the image to add to the card.

April :smile:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:00:57 PM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: WF20 Cardboard
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 07:35:25 AM »
April, your samples are absolutely gorgeous!  This looks like it will be a lot of fun.  I will enjoy watching the video a little later today. 

Thank you for hosting a challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 08:55:43 AM »
This challenge looks very interesting.  Thank goodness recycling hasn't been taken out already.  Your samples are stunning!!!  Thanks for the video link.
Beth

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 09:47:41 AM »
Oh wow that looks cool, great examples, thanks for sharing the link

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:26:40 AM »
April, all my cardboard is flat from cereal boxes.  Can I substitute with my corrugated embossing folder on Kraft cardstock?
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:37:07 AM »
I do not think that will work, Beth. The cardboard needs to have layers so that you can peel off some of it so that it looks distressed. I just thought that you might could do this --

use your embossing folder on Kraft card stock or the flat cardboard
rip some paper on all sides to glue over a part of the embossed Kraft cs or flat cardboard
then paint or ink over all of it

I think that might work and look very close to the samples. Does this make sense?

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 10:53:42 AM »
Yes it does.  I just had a thought.  I live in apartment and will go down to see what cardboard there is in the cardboard recycling.

EDITED:  Yup found some awesome cardboard in the recycling dumpster--LOL
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:02:46 AM by Canadian, eh »
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 12:03:40 PM »
LOL! Beth! Glad you found some. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 10:30:59 AM »
I love your samples, April!  Blue paint looks great on cardboard!  Beth, I'm glad you mentioned the recycle bin.  I already had a piece of cardboard saved, but then I realized I usually make more than one attempt, so I grabbed some more from my recycling (which was already at the curb!).  I was lucky to find a shoebox that is thinner cardboard.

I have a few pieces now, ready for paint.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 09:48:47 PM »
Here is the link to Sheila's card. I love the steampunk look! Thanks for doing my challenge!   http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4767#top_display_media

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 10:25:19 PM »
Sorry, my daughter came in while I was posting.  We went shopping and I forgot to post here.  So sorry April.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 12:25:36 AM »
I made a Christmas card using the cardboard technique.  Thanks for the challenge!  If I get a chance I'll use a few of my other backgrounds.  I made 4.  It felt good to be stamping again!

Here are the other 3 cardboard backgrounds I made
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:30:33 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 02:10:52 PM »
Cindi, thanks for doing the challenge! Your card is lovely. I love the embossed poinsettias.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 02:12:34 PM »
Here is the link to Sheila's lovely card. I love the steampunk look! Thanks for doing my challenge.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4767#top_display_media

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »
April, I fell in love with this technique.  So much so, I cut and ripped five backgrounds.  I'll paint them today.

My nice white background was ruined because I stamped directly onto the "paper" part of the cardboard.  It was not a thick piece of paper so the stamp just mucked up the background.

So, I moved onto the red and fussy cut my funky rooster and placed it over top of the gold-embossed chicken wire.  I used twine for embellishment but it doesn't show up as well in the photo. 

My finished card

I'm hooked on this technique now. 
Beth