Author Topic: Color Burst--new product  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Color Burst--new product
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 08:37:49 PM »
The Brushos are also available from Dick Blick art supplies, and they do sell the individual pots.  And I don't know if I got my set during a sale or if the price has jumped but the 24 pot set I bought is now about twice what I paid for it. 
Dick Blick Brusho

I've been having a lot of fun playing with them. I've got a bunch of projects in the works using them.  Including one where I used a metallic spray.
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 09:55:30 PM »
I've enjoyed reading through this thread, I watched some of the videos, and saved others to watch later.

Here's a video where Dina Kowal shows how she re-packaged some of her powdered colors.  Maybe this will work even in Florida.
Repackaging

Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 10:35:15 AM »
Sorry, the Amazon price has been updated-

Just wanted to share what appears to be a better price on the basic 8 brusho crystal set through an Amazon vendor. This basic introductory set includes Yellow Ochre, Rose Red, Lime Green, Olive Green, Moss Green, Sandstone, Terracotta, and Burnt Sienna in 15 g pots, plus an instructional leaflet.

From Amazon Vendor: Brusho Crystal Colour Set- 8 x 15g pots - Autumnal Colours   Price I see the price today 9/7 is now $ 38.98 $21.11 with free shipping. 

From Dick Blick: Brusho Crystal Colours 
01762-1008 Assorted Set of 8 –posting includes a few photos of colors.   Blick price $35.99 +$4.99 contiguous US shipping

Note: Sorry  I don't have time to check other vendors.  I would ask any interested folks here to do your own research and if you find a difference in what these vendors are offering please share.  Also note any US state taxes will apply.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:39:14 AM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
Color Burst is now available in 6 new colors...Ultramarine Blue, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Pthalo Green, Violet,and Orange.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
Thanks for sharing those new colors, Jan! I really love the ultramarine blue and that orange. The more I see of these, the more I want to try them out!
I saw this today on my YouTube feed and thought you all might be interested.
I plan to watch the videos later tonight . Lots of good info. Here's the blog post and the videos are linked in it.

http://sandyallnock.com/getting-started-watercolor-powders/
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
Thanks for the link, LeighAnn. I want to try the painted flowers!

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 10:01:24 AM »
I have only watched the first video so far, but I really like it.  It looks like maybe the more vibrant colors of the colorburst are the ones that I would like the best.  Thanks for the link!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »
More links--this time for Dina Kowal's blog where she has entries exploring and comparing different powders and also showing how they look on different surfaces:

Watercolor Powder Products -- Comparison  There's an interesting price comparison included here.

Watercolor Powders -- Paper Choices

Daria

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:54:28 AM by djc »