Author Topic: JULY-New distress ink color  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
JULY-New distress ink color
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:11:49 PM »
Heidi must be busy for I see no recent posts.  So I will post the links to this month’s new distress color since Tim released it early this month to avoid the holiday weekend.  I thinking AIs might want to catch a glimpse as they run between activities.

Here is the link to July's announcement of new distress ink color and video..

Please share your thoughts on this color!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: JULY-New distress ink color
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
I absolutely love it! I think he has fully covered the shades of blue now. It's a shade that's hard to find in ink pads. A lot of times that shade ends up being either too purple or too navyish. I'm not sure how well it will play with the other colors but I think it's wonderful as a stand alone color. A feel like the past few months the colors have been a shade away from another previous color but this ones so different. I will for sure be getting it.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:42:12 PM »
When I first heard the new color was blue I was not a happy crafter since I thought we already had enough blue colors...but I was wrong this blue looks like the missing one! 

I am seriously thinking about purchasing my own empty distress ink pads and making a couple purple shades with my reinkers that I would like.  Has anyone tried that yet? 

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
I just love the boldness of the blue.

While I have most of the pads, I only one a couple of reinkers. They're on my list to get since I like using my distress inks so much.
I think the custom pads are a fun addition to your ink pad arsenal. I don't own any but Laurel Beard did a video of how she made some.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 10:02:04 PM »
I love this color and it was on my wish list for one that they would add!

Especially since Ranger has a great blue this color in their new line of dye inks. I wonder how this one compares to that.

I have most of the reinkers for colors I have as I really like my Distress inks to be nice and juicy. I have not tried making my own color mixtures in a pad though!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:13 PM »
 Laurel Beard is very enthusiastic about her DIY ink pads!  However I wondered if not pushing the ink into the pad as Tim demonstrated would cause some unwanted migrating issues in the future...since I don't know I didn't add a link.  Heidi provided us with the link to Tim's promo video of the 4 new products where he demonstrated how to make a multi-colored pad. Here is the link again.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:57:01 PM by Far North »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »
I really like this color!  If someone had told me before the July color was released that is was a blue, I too would had said--really, another blue---but I really like this blue and it doesn't look like any of the others.  It is on my wish list too.  Though TH refers to this blue as a "royal blue" I think he says in the video, it looks like a true blue to me based off his comparisons, so I am interested in seeing the color in projects and see how it compares. 

I do like the idea of blank ink pads, b/c I too would be making a purple distress color (though I only have 3 reinkers---but 2 (spun sugar and broken china) would make a purple!).  I am hoping they release a purple this year. 

~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 01:13:07 AM »
Melissa I agree I always thought royal blue was darker than this color.  But then last summer my teenage niece started referring to this blue as royal blue and since then I have heard it called the same from many other places....I think it comes from somewhere other than the stamping world ...Oh how could that be??  :tickedoff:  lol!

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »
Jan that is really interesting---I thought royal blue was closer to the color of a dark navy blue....I wonder how much fads (from pop-culture, clothes, etc) play with color names?  No wonder those in the computer world use a combo of numbers and letters (in one method) to define an exact color (white = #FFFFFF; blue = #0000FF)---and I'm sure also the computer will only read numbers and letter combos to produce the colors anyways, lol, but it does take the guesswork out of wonder which color someone is referring to exactly.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
I always thought royal blue is the blue of this color ink pad, at least from what I can tell from my computer screen. I get my colors mostly from clothing first. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
Wow, I missed this one too.  I don't know I think the colors are different then what is already in the distress line but then it comes back to how many different colors do I need.  I already have the other blues, and don't get me wrong I like to use blue a lot.  It just seems like I am burnt out on buying distress, just when I think I have all the colors they come out with a whole year of colors.  geez, I am never going to get ahead this way.  I know this is their marketing genius but I think I might just opt out.....LOL here I am being a curmudgeon again.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »
No Sadie, I agree.  I have been so happy with my DI and have collected them throughout the years, but when it was said there will be 12 released this year, I felt overwhelmed and kinda sad!  which I know is weird...  :idiot2:  In the past I know they had special seasonal releases and oddly enough I could careless about those in the past, lol!!!  (But I do own those seasonal colors now and use them alot.)  I too know its marketing, but it does make me take a step back----I didn't realize I was caught up in the DI line until this year.

I was gifted the pistachio and the mermaid so I am on my way to collecting this year's line....but so far the grey is the one I will be buying for sure....and maybe the citron.... 

I am still hoping for a purple this year.....

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 09:26:05 PM »
While I like the new blue, I just feel a burning need for another blue DI. 

I did pick up the pistachio and the grey recently, but I have had a chance to use them. 

And I'm with you, Melissa, I'm hoping for a purple.
Sarah