Author Topic: Distres markers  (Read 1453 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Distres markers
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
I know we had a discussion on them but I can't find it. I'm sure it will jump out after I started a new one!

I know we had talked about them  drying up quickly. One thing I noticed as I was going though my colors is that the ones that have dried up have been the really light colors( spun sugar, antique linen, tumbled glass, etc.) along with some of the colors I used most often. While I didn't use them a ton, I guess I just expected a longer life out of them since all of my other distress mediums seem to last a while. I just wish they were refillable!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Distres markers
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »
Sorry, I don't have any distress markers.  If you need a waterbased marker replacement, my Tombows seem to last a really long time.
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:21:23 AM »
There is suppose to be a way to use the Ink Refresher product with the distress markers.  I looked on the youtubes and couldn't find any help on exactly how to do it though. 

I did find a video of the frugalcrafter showing how to revive water based markers.   Here  She uses a recipe of 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon glycerin, and 1 teaspoon gum Arabic.  I don't know if the nibs on the distress markers will go back on if you pull them off but really if the marker is dry what is there to loose?  It doesn't work anyway so I would be tempted to try this after watching her video.  I don't think that she does distress markers on that video but I do think she does Tombow markers.   
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »
That's good info, Sadie! I will have to try it to see if it works. I tried to get one of the nibs out and it split a little.

I have some Tombow markers and I really love them. I'm really curious about those clean color zig markers but from what I've gathered there's a bit of a learning curve with them. I struggle enough with watercolor, so I might should pass on those!
LeighAnn