Author Topic: White cardstock  (Read 1581 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
White cardstock
« on: November 29, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »
What is your favorite white cardstock?  Do you have more than one kind?

I just noticed I only have 2 sheets left of the Neenah 80# Classic Crest cardstock from a ream I bought a long long time ago (October of 2013!).  I may order another ream on Amazon since it is about $35 for 250 sheets with free shipping. 

But I am interested in possibly trying other card as well.  I also am thinking of getting some of the really heavy weight stuff for cards that have a lot of embellishment. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: White cardstock
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:56:01 AM »
I always use the Georgia Pacific white card stock from Wal Mart. It comes in a ream of 150 for $5 and change. It is 110lb. weight and smooth. It is about medium weight, not too thin or too heavy.

April

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
I have the Georgia Pacific that I use for most things, but I also have some Hero Arts 80lb paper that is nicer than the Georgia Pacific. It says the weight is the same but it feels smoother and is whiter. For heavy duty I have a pack of Spectrum Noir 110lb. It is really heavy and what I did my die cuts with.

So no favorite, just different papers for different things.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
Thanks!  I only rarely shop at Walmart, but if I am there I will take a look for that cardstock because that is a super price!

I did notice that AC Moore has some Spectrum Noir paper, and I need to see what the weight is because I could use a coupon for that.  Thanks for the idea.

~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
Yea, I only bought the Spectrum Noir because it was on sale half price, LOL

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
I was going to ask where you get the Spectrum Noir paper ... I couldn't find it at Joanns or Michaels.  AC Moore is further away.

Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 06:36:04 PM »
Oh and I don't remember where I got mine. I do remember it was on sale like half price so maybe it was somewhere that is no longer carrying it. I want to say it was Joann's but I'm not sure.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 06:48:37 PM »
Strangely, at AC Moore it was not placed by the other paper,  it was near the stamps.  It was not near their marker display either.  Very strange. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
I use the cardstock from walmart also for my cardbase, I was given some cardstock from stampin up or creative memories from a girl at church who gave away her scrapbook supplies when she moved. I have used the spectrum noir cardstock for my stamping also.  I bought what I thought was the Neenah paper at Office max but I don't think it was the stuff that you can get for scrapbooking because it seemed to bleed pretty bad and it figures because it was a big package of them.