Author Topic: March 2015 ATC swap Partners Posted  (Read 14670 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: March 2015 ATC swap Partners Posted
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2015, 10:24:23 AM »

Here is the ATC I sent to lovepug2.  Thank you so much for agreeing to swap with me after I was late to the game!

Here's a little story about the coffee filter  ;) ...

Once upon a time there was a midnight crafter  ;D.  She needed to stamp a verse, except the surface was bumpy with clear embossing.  "Ah ha!" she exclaimed, "What if I stamp on tissue paper, and then glue the tissue to the ATC?"  Uh oh, the tissue paper was stashed with the gift wrap under the bed and DH was sleeping.  Right in front of her  #> she spotted a white basket style coffee filter (it caught the clear embossing powder just minutes before).  "It looks a little like tissue to me!", she thought.  So she brushed away stray embossing powder and flattened it out a bit.  She stamped her verse on the coffee filter with archival ink and glued it to the ATC with a little matte multi-medium.  It worked like a charm and everyone lived happily ever after!

If you look closely at the ATC you can see a little filter paper under the "P".

:smile:

I'm off to check out the rest of the ATCs that have been uploaded!
Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »
Here is the ATC I sent to Craft Nerd. March ATC. I do so love quilling and haven't done any in a while.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »
WTG, Cindi & Kathy! Your ATCs are terrific & both add to our stash of neat things to do with stuff! O0

LOL on the filter, Cindi! Yep. Filter paper & tissue (including TP) are close cousins. Your story gave me a good chuckle & only proves that when we need a 'something' to use--us crafters are pretty durn smart!

Kathy. The quilled butterfly is super! I haven't done quilling in donkey's years & doubt I'll get back to it anytime soon. ;D I'm wondering (what else is new?  ::))... Have you ever done a quilled piece, applied pigment ink to the top edge & used EP?

I got a lovely surprise yesterday as the snow was coming down... LeighAnn sent me an ATC tucked inside a great card. I hope she can share them with us here @ AI. Definitely a day brightener. :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 07:07:15 AM »
THank you Far North for the beautiful ATC.  It was well worth the wait and I love it.  It is so beautiful.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 08:24:13 AM »
Ann, I am so glad the ATC safely arrived and you like it!  I never like to send swaps near the deadline since it takes so long from here but life was just too full this month.

My ATC is in the gallery.

TFL!...Jan

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 09:46:41 AM »
I don't know how I missed it, but I completely missed Melissa's post that she received the ATC I sent her.  I'll post a pic tonight when I get home from work.

I'm glad you liked it, Melissa.
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 08:33:13 PM »
Here's the ATC I sent to Melissa.

Chick ATC
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 09:17:08 AM »
Great idea to add the dragonfly ribbon---and if it helps any---chickens do take short flights....so your baby bird has just not reached it's "taking flight" potential yet...   :smile:
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2015, 08:25:19 PM »
"taking flight" potential

I like that. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:17 AM »
More fantastic entries everyone!

Cindi, have you received the one I sent you yet? I think it's been a week and a half now? I hope it didn't get lost!

Here's the one I sent to Daniel. Isn't that dog funny?
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1355
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »
Jan, you had asked what I used to watercolor my ATC--I totally forgot to answer--sorry about that---but I used a few different colors of distress ink pads smooshed onto my craft map and then picked up with water brush to apply.   
~~Melissa :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2015, 09:43:58 AM »
Yes Lovepug2!  It's here. In all of it's bright and glittery glory!  I love it!  It is super cheerful and springy.  I was so excited to get it in the mail.  (I was getting a little nervous too.)  I love the fancy way you addressed the envelope and the pretty card inside telling me how you made your ATC.   :smitten:  Thank you so much!
Cindi