Author Topic: HSN Craft Day tomorrow April 14, 2020.* ETA : HSN Craft Day May 5th *ETA: Aug 11  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Just an FYI.  Tomorrow is HSN Craft Day! 

Wish I could watch alone!   Hmmm, we only have 1 working TV and it's in the family room.  Maybe I can shut myself in another room and watch via my laptop?  I know listening to the sales people can get annoying after awhile if you're not interested in what they are selling, and even when I AM interested.  I've seen some FB posts showing Beth Kingston getting ready to pitch something (Xyron or Diamond Press most likely) from her home.  That will make it more interesting I bet!  Maybe they will get to pitch their own products more easily.  I find the HSN folks interrupt and often don't know what they are talking about. 

I have no plans to purchase.  I just like the demos.  Very rarely there will be a deal I can't pass up, but I don't expect to buy anything.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:03:17 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: HSN Craft Day tomorrow April 14, 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 09:31:17 AM »
Boooo!

I thought it was going to be an all day craft day.  It's not.

Next crafting hours are 2-3pm and 8-10pm.

No $5 shipping deal either  :(
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: HSN Craft Day tomorrow April 14, 2020
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »
yeah I was quite bummed too but nothing I needed

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Tomorrow, May 5th is another All Day Craft Day on HSN.  This one does appear to be crafts all day, though looks like it is mostly Anna Griffin and Sara Davies. 

Harder to tune in with MIL and DH at home, but maybe I will sneak a peek on my laptop. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
I have it recording to my DVR, tomorrow is a bit busy for me, so I will be watching it in the evening probably, unless things go quicker than I think.  My girlfriends birthday is tomorrow, usually us group of girls get together so we have decided to do a drive by for her and give her our presents, then I have to stop by the church real quick.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
That is actually not a bad way to watch!  It's nice to be able to fast forward through commercials or products you are not interested in.  Good idea! 

It's nice you are celebrating your friend's birthday, just in a different way. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Made it back, I was able to fast forward through some stuff I wasn't interested in this morning but now I need to catch up on all the afternoon stuff.  I have the regular spectrum markers but like the new nibs on the Illustrators I think they call them, I figured it out and it is about 2.77 I think per pen when you break it down, but I am not sure I want to spend $99 right now on more markers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
It's hard to spend that much at once (pens), but Tombow water based markers can go for as high as $3.29 per pen now. 

I just watched a few minutes about the We R trimmer.  The HSN hostess had the trimmer turned 90 degrees from the way anyone would ever use a trimmer! 

I didn't see the marker demo. 

I wonder about the diamond press.  Does anyone have one?  I don't need one ... I bought the small TH sizzix and haven't used it.  I just wonder which is better and if the diamond press is any good.  I like to watch Beth Kingston demo.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:27:18 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
I haven't used the diamond press but I did buy some of their stamps, haven't used them much because they are Christmas but they seem to stamp nicely.

Compared to Copics that price is very good for the markers and have that good tip on them for doing the flicking technique of coloring. I didn't end up getting them.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
I bought one set of spectrum noir illustrator pens when Tuesday morning had them. They are a really nice pen. I do like the nib better than the other SN pens.  However, the couple that were color coded as the same as my older SN pens did not match.  I couldn’t understand why the color codes wouldn’t correspond to the older colors unless maybe they were mismarked.  Maybe they were made wrong and that is why they were sold at Tuesday morning?

I do have some of my SN pens running out of ink, and I would replace them with the illustrators if I were confident about the color codes.  :(
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
That's a bummer Heidi, I have bought some of the Triblends and they were the same way, not quite the same ink, maybe that is why they are cheaper, they are always changing the colors :(

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
That's a bummer Heidi, I have bought some of the Triblends and they were the same way, not quite the same ink, maybe that is why they are cheaper, they are always changing the colors :(

Wow, I would have thought those would be the same.  That is really too bad!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
I will have to do a comparison and see what you think, it doesn't bother me that much because I use the triblends together and the others together, don't mix and match them.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
I watched the tail end of Craft Day with Stephanie Barnard.  I liked the pop up gift card holder die set she was demoing (A2 size).  I think it was $24.99 which was probably not too bad since it had all the layering dies to match ... but I also was pretty sure I had made a card like that before.  I checked my digital cut files and I do have a file to cut the basic shape, but it's a small square card.  I would have to do some tweaking to get an A2 card, and layers.  Then I found some old youtube videos.  That's what I had used in the past, I'm pretty sure.  There are some good videos for making the card and using a punch to make a slot in the pop up part to hold the gift card.  So I refrained from buying the die set ... hmmm, I wonder if this will be a case where I eventually cave and buy the dies?!  Ha! 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
I didn't get around to watching them all before the end of the day so the next day I am watching them and I see that Crafters companion came out with another calendar with dies and stamps in it, hubby was here when I was watching it and he said did they sell out and I said oh I don't know, I looked it up and they had them still, so he said go ahead and order it, so I did, it's fun to open something every day of the month and get some goodies.  It said estimated date of May 16th for it to be delivered.