Author Topic: Chatty Game: Interview  (Read 5981 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Chatty Game: Interview
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:53 AM »
I guess I didn't really answer anybody else's question I got all involved in my head with the die storage thing......in which I realize nothing really that I have except the cart and artbin is available now so totally useless in storage now. 

I am going to copy Howdyheidi's post for the questions.  Thank you for putting them all in one post for the rest of us......

Inspiration......geez I get inspiration from what I see or do during my day.  I also get inspiration from the youtubes........I love the youtubes.  I get a lot of inspiration from the Artsy Inkers.

Embellishments........I like the embellishments I make the best.  I have a lot of tools to make embellishments and use them frequently.  I also like using jewelry findings from places like hobby lobby, those are some neat things usually in metal that can be used as embellishments for cards and tags.

Keeping energized about stamping.......here and the challenges keep me going a lot.  Also the youtubes are great in energizing me to try what I watch other people doing.

What month.......I think I craft about the same every month but my children are all grown and out living their own lives and I live in the middle of nowhere with very few things to see or do so I have a lot of time to craft (you know, instead of cooking and cleaning and housework of all kinds).
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »
1 more thing about using Art Bins for storing dies--a full box of magnet sheet stink!  I am almost knocked off my feet with the odor that fills the room when I open the box.  I took the sheets and put them outside for 6 months and it did not help.  I am always cautious about when I don't know what chemicals I am breathing.  Okay now I have determined I am switching my storage too.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 07:17:41 PM »
1) What crafty item do you like to work with the most? dies
2) What crafty item do you like to work with the least? plastic canvas
3) What was the last crafty item you purchased? stamps and paper kit
4) Have you used it yet? no should come in tomorrow
5) What crafter's blog do you read? (If you read more than one, just pick one). http://lesliekmiller.typepad.com/running-with-scissors/
6) Name the last stamping magazine you have read? Cardmaker
7) What is your favorite brand of stamps? I don't have a favorite
8) What is your favorite brand of ink? distress
9) What coloring method do you use the most? alcohol markers
10) What is one question you would like to ask the other Stampers? nothing comes to mind

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
That's odd, Jan.  I've never noticed an odor with my Art Bins.  I also thought of another way I'm storing my dies.  I have a bunch of the Susan Tierney-Cockburn flower dies and I wanted to keep the pictures with them, so I've put the dies on pieces of magnet and put the packaging and the magnet sheet into a 4x6 photo album.  That seems to be working pretty good for them. 

Jan's question - how excited my co-workers get when I pass out cards at work keeps me energized for stamping.

Sadie - I'm going to go with yes to a certain degree.  I had been watching a bunch of Andy Skinner videos for ideas for canvases for my dad and it has definitely put me more in the mood to go vintage and grungy but I can still see me in what I'm doing.

Heidi - It's funny that January is you most productive month, since it is usually me least productive month.  I'm usually crafted out from Christmas crafting.  So I'm probably going to have go with December as my most productive month.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »
Sarah, to clarify my empty Art Bin does not smell..it is the magnet sheets that are cut to fit in the art bins.