Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July, 2018  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July, 2018
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »
I made two of this card.  I will probably not be able to participate making anymore Christmas Cards in July, as I will be traveling away from home. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4046#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »
Nora, I love what you did with both cards.  I'm looking at that Cardinal image and trying to figure out what colors I could use (so I don't completely copy yours!).  You also made that second image shine.  I couldn't visualize how to work with that one, but you made it sing.  Thank you for playing.  Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 10:53:59 AM »
I spent some time this morning looking through this year's Christmas All Year posts.  I had seen some along the way, but I also missed some this year.  So much wonderful inspiration!  Unfortunately, I'm now all worn out!  lol.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 11:46:37 AM »
Lol, Daria, hope you will have time to process all the inspiration and get your own started! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 05:42:32 PM »
I combo’d this with Connies summer Fest challenge.  I die cut the background down and used it for my snowman.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4052#top_display_media

~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
Heidi, I just saw this one in the gallery.  That snowman is so cute!  I like all that white area that frames your image--really sets him off and showcases that beautiful background you made. 

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 08:48:01 AM »
I have posted another set of cards.  I am really happy to have made these cards.  I stamped the images long ago, but I was intimidated by those big elephants.  How do you color an elephant?  A couple of months ago, I started coloring one of them while visiting Nora.  A couple of days ago, I decided to tackle them again.  At first, I was very hesitant with all those grays, especially the darker ones.  As I progressed through the five images, my coloring became darker and darker.  I really like the last one. lol.

First Three--Aquamarine & Limepeel

Last two--Denim and Wild Lilac

I now have eleven Christmas cards!

TFL.
Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »
Hi Daria, hooray for you, 11 cards!  The elephants are really cute!  If you don't mind me picking a favorite ...
I like them all, but the far left one (darkest) in aquamarine and lime is my fave.  I'm sure I would have been intimidated by the large elephant area too!

Recently I've been coloring some Alibabette Coloring Cards (on sale at Joggles.com).  The first one I took on a trip with me and brought colored pencils.  They are pretty heavily textured.  It was an interesting look, but I ended up going over it with a Dove blender to spread some color in to the texture.  The paper is heavy enough that once I was home I tried watercolor pencils instead, and got a smoother look.

Looking for some Christmas mojo today!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
Hi, Cindi. 

I always try to pick a favorite when someone posts multiple cards.  That's part of the fun, and I think we notice more when we try to do that.  You picked my favorite one.  It was the last one I colored.  I was so afraid to use the darker grays for shading, but I've watched so many videos where the cardmaker uses even black to darken those shadows!  Bravery paid off.

I guess that is one of the perks of making multiple cards.  If you lined mine up with the elephants going from lightest to darkest, that would be the order I colored them.  lol.

I had planned to stamp on the smooth sides of the paper, but I messed up a couple of times.  I actually do like the cards that were colored on the textured side, but it was pure heaven blending the colors on the smooth side.  Our favorite one was colored on the smooth side.  I could use Zest It on the rough ones, but I think I'll just leave them alone. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
I was only able to combine the one Summer Fest challenge with Christmas.  But I am glad there is still two weeks left to make Christmas cards!  I cleaned up my craft area already so have room to get my Christmas stuff out. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 10:40:10 AM »
I have been making cards all along in July for this challenge. I made some at the beginning of July when I stamped with my friends. I made some more the past few days after I finished with the SF challenges. I made 13 in all. Here are some individual cards and then I decided to make 2 group pictures so that the gallery would not be so crowded! LOL! :smile: I had fun making my cards. Not sure if I will get any more made, but we will see.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4102#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4103#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4104#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4105#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4106#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4107#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 03:00:47 PM »
Oh my goodness, April, you are doing great with your cards!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 04:54:53 PM »
Wow!  I have been checking in, but I missed these yesterday.  Instead of making cards, I've been organizing embossing folders!  Even though they were mostly organized all ready, I have been working for several days to get the remaining ones indexed and out of their packaging.  All done now.  Well, I do plan to change the grouping.  I want to organize them by theme instead of by the manufacturer.  However, first I am going to get the dies into storage pockets.  I'm tired of digging through little drawers to look for the one I want.  Does anyone have a list of themes for dies and/or embossing folders?

April, these are wonderful!  Thirteen cards! And they are all beautiful and/or fun.  Thank you for playing.  Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »
I am making some progress. I sat down tonight to make a few backgrounds with stencils and texture paste that I hope end up looking like snow. 

I had tried to make a card with a background technique and a Christmas word background stamp, and that looked awful! 

So I am working just haven’t finished anything else yet.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 11:03:40 AM »
Heidi, working is good.  That is progress. 

I am now organizing dies.  They are on the kitchen table, and they are staying there until I am done.  It's amazing how much I get done as I just wander into the kitchen and get started on them.  I spent hours on them yesterday, but I ran out of supplies, and my back was complaining loudly.  Now, I have an excuse to take a break until I can get to Lowe's for more magnetic sheets.

Today, I'm going to visit Cheryl, another stamping buddy, and we're going to play with stencils and Distress Oxide inks.  We might even play with alcohol ink.  We hope to make some cool backgrounds.

Daria