Author Topic: Partial Stamping Challenge... Winner announced!  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Partial Stamping Challenge... Winner announced!
« on: July 13, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »
I liked this partial stamping done in this video http://stamptv.ning.com/video/how-to-emerging-corners-technique-with-wild-at-heart?xg_source=msg_mes_network

I hope you all have background stamps to try this technique and it would be great if you could add more stamps to it, the sentiment doesn't need to be stamped but I would like to see a background stamp with at least one more stamp for accenting :)  I am going to try and get to this tonight so I have my example ready for Saturday to post.

Please use Partial stamping Air 17 as your header when posting and then come back here and let me know so I make sure to put your name into the hat for a drawing for a little package.

Here is my attempt at this, I didn't realize while stamping but wished I paid more attention to getting full ivy leaves.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3412#top_display_media
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:06:36 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Partial Stamping Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:47:53 AM »
Connie this looks like a fun and terrific layout design.

Thanks for hosting!...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:30:08 AM »
Very cool technique, I will be very happy to try it out.  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »
That is a really cool technique.  And a great idea for another way to use your background stamps.  Thanks for hosting.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »
This looks very doable.  I'm going to take a look at my background stamps ...
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
I have been so busy today that I am just now getting time to post the card I made for my challenge, hope you guys have fun with it
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3412#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
Hi Connie!  I had fun with this technique. You didn't mention combining ... do you mind if I also post to Christmas in July challenge?  If you'd rather I don't that's fine, I hope to make more!  I have another background stamp out I'd also like to try.

I don't have many matching inks and papers and I think that really makes this technique look nice so I inked just the edges of one layer to make a matching mat. 

Here is my card : Christmas Greetings

ETA : While everything was out, and since I liked how these were turning out ... I made 5!  (you can count 1 for challenge, they are just about exact ... I just wanted you to know how much fun I was having!) . You can see them on the Christmas in July challenge thread if you'd like.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:36:15 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 03:25:38 PM »
This is a fun and easy technique. I liked it because it gave me a chance to use a sortof neglected background stamp I have had a long time. I think it makes it look fresher and modern

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3420#top_display_media

I did cut down my background because there was a little smear on one part, I hope that still fits the challenge, if not let me know.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »
Hi Connie!  I had fun with this technique. You didn't mention combining ... do you mind if I also post to Christmas in July challenge?  If you'd rather I don't that's fine, I hope to make more!  I have another background stamp out I'd also like to try.

I don't have many matching inks and papers and I think that really makes this technique look nice so I inked just the edges of one layer to make a matching mat. 

Here is my card : Christmas Greetings

Cindi, I am completely in love with your card!  Everything is awesome.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 04:37:30 PM »
Thanks Heidi!  Haha, I'm glad you like it because I just updated my post to say I made 5!
I really like your card too.  I like that background stamp, stop ignoring it!  I really like the Merci stamp and it's font.  Such a nice clean card.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:41:28 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out which corners of your stamp to ink?  I get all turned around  :o :idiot2:
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out which corners of your stamp to ink?  I get all turned around  :o :idiot2:

Yes, I messed up one before I got this one right, and then I smeared the right one.   :D

I underuse the French set I have from Hero Arts too.  I really am working on using my stamps more, though!

That is awesome you made 5!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 06:11:05 PM »
This is actually harder then it sounds to get a decent looking edge on two sides.  I got it done though.  Thank you ConnieCrafter for hosting this challenge.

Here is the card in all it's glory.

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »
Sure you can combine with other challenges, sorry I have been very busy yesterday and today...  So excited to see so many of you have already tried this out, I am off to check out your cards :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »
Yes, it is kind of tricky to get a nice, uneven edge!  I'm thinking it would actually be easier to tear a strip of paper and either lay the mask on the stamp and ink over it, then remove before stamping ... or use a traditional mask where you lay the mask on the card front.

Connie, as soon as I saw this technique I thought this would make a good technique/layout to use for encouragement cards for Heidi's request for card donations for a women's shelter.

Here is the card I will donate.

Thanks again for this challenge!  This background was a little easier because it doesn't really have a "right side up" like the music did.
Cindi