Author Topic: Welcome to Inktoberfest 2016 Chatting!  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Welcome to Inktoberfest 2016 Chatting!
« on: October 15, 2016, 11:21:32 AM »
Wow, some fun new challenges are posted for this event!  It is hard to decide where to start.  If you haven't already tried my warm-up challenge yet please know the time is clicking down. It closes at noon today-your time.  But check it out-you can still play.  Late players will not be included in the RAK drawing but you can still play.

For me I am still enjoying my morning coffee and trying to put a little plan together for working on the challenges.  I have some time to work on a challenge today and not so much tomorrow.  I'm thinking I might focus on polished stone today since I should have time to clean it up before company tomorrow.   

Hope to hear from others of your stamping plans!...Jan

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Welcome to Inktoberfest 2016 Chatting!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »
I already did Jan's warm-up challenges.  Thanks again for another fun warm-up challenge.  I'm definitely going to work on using them for the other challenges.

I'm not sure where I'm starting for the main challenges.  I'm thinking a combo of Heidi and Connie's challenges.  And I have a couple of ideas percolating for April and Jan's challenges. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:28:55 PM »
Hello everyone and happy fest!  Today is a pretty day, it was very cold this morning but we should have warmer temperatures during the day, and an Indian Summer during the week. 

Older DS is off on a camping trip and I assume he is having fun.  We just had an HVAC guy here because something was clearly not set right after our service last week, so that seems to be right again.  We want to do a little shopping, we need to buy some gifts, but other than that are not going to be very busy this weekend.

I loved doing the warm up last night.  That was fun and sprays are not something I usually use.  Not sure what I will do with those backgrounds yet.

The challenges posted are all very interesting and I am looking forward to doing all of them.  I am not sure which I will complete first, but I have an idea for Jan's challenge that might or might not work, so I might start with that. 

Sarah, I am not surprised that you are thinking of a combo already.  Whenever I think of combos I think of you first!  I remember several times you have been able to combo A LOT of challenges!

Jan, I am glad you will have crafty time this weekend and enjoy your visitors later tonight. 

Have a good day!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
I had to pay bills this morning, figure out what we spent on our vacation and balance the check book, that always gets me stressed out but couldn't put it off any longer.  Wash dishes and make our lunch, but now I am ready to tackle some challenges.  Not sure which one I will start with yet, going to read through them and see who is next on my list of cards I need to make, that usually decides things :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 03:50:10 PM »
I had fun in the corn maze today! It took us a little over an hour to get out and we missed 2 stations. But I think we did a good job. It got hotter than expected so we were ready for a big glass of lemonade when we finished. We had fun watching the pig races. LOL! My pig I was rooting for stopped to eat some grass so he lost. My friend's choice won!

We also went to a real tiny town nearby to eat lunch and it was really good. We also went to general store there that has stamping supplies in the back and where they hold some classes. We bought some pretty paper and my friend bought a stamp as well.

We kept checking the Clemson game on our phones. Glad I wasn't watching the game because it was another nail biter. Clemson won in overtime! ;D

I will not start any challenges until tomorrow. Guess I will start with the alcohol inks too and go from there. I have done Jan's warm up challenge so I hope to use a background or 2 this coming week! I just need to remember to post the BINGO words this evening! You know how I get sometimes. LOL! All the challenges look fun. It is fun to go back and do some old things and do some new too.

April

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »
I got 2 1/2 cards finished using backgrounds I made for Heidi's challenge.  And 1 1/2 of those are a combo with Connie's challenge.  I've got several ideas for the rest of backgrounds I made, one will combo with April's challenge.  And at least one more will combo with Connie's challenge. 

And I have an idea for Jan's.

I better get crafting. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »
Wow!  You got a lot done, Sarah.

Stampwilly, your corn maze sounds fun! 

I have jotted down sketches for a couple cards for challenges, but not many anything yet.

Hopefully today!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
I worked on the spotty dotty challenge just now but I am not sure my entry meets the challenge guidelines. I think I will see if I can work on it to make sure it is what Stampwilly had in mind.  But it does feel good to have gotten started!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
Well I did Heidi's challenge, went to take pictures and my battery was dead in my camera, by the time it charged it was to dark to get a good picture, so I went back in my room, found a stamp to put on my base for Jan's challenge and I used Stazon ink but I just couldn't get it to get a full solid stamp, and that is with using my misti and stamping it 4 times, so I took a black marker to fix it, oh that looked bad, so I got some heavy black paint and went over that and it seemed to work, I haven't gone back into my room to see how it looked after it dried, guess I will try to finish tomorrow.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
Hello everyone!   I have not been working on fest stuff much the last two days. I had two cards for occasions that I needed to get done pronto, and neither of them worked for challenges here.

But now those are finished, so I think tomorrow I will be able to start working on challenges again.

I did upload Spotty Dotty, and started Craft Nerd's Foil challenge.  I have a few ideas brewing for all the challenges, so I guess I need to see if they work out or not.

How are all of you doing?
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 10:10:04 PM »
I made 2 cards today for the challenges. I don't know if I will be able to work on anything tomorrow. I have Bible Study in the morning and then I need to run some errands. I have been enjoying the challenges and can't wait to tackle the others!  :smile:

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 07:15:33 AM »
I have to get a card made and pre posted for my design team commitment, it is due on Sunday and they like them preposted at least 3 days prior so I will be working on that today, then I can get back to the challenges!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »
I finally got a chance to play!  Tonight I'm making polished stone backgrounds for Heidi's challenge.   I'm thinking about Spotty Dotty too.

Last weekend we had a wedding on Saturday night.  I rang handbells in church Sunday morning and we went to a birthday party Sunday afternoon.  Too pooped to play Sunday night.

So happy to be inking again!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 07:29:56 AM »
Glad you are able to play Cindi, I hope to get my post done today for my design team post and get back to the challenges :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »
So glad you can play, Cindi. I finished a card today and will posting mine soon. I also want to make more cards with Jan's backgrounds. I also have to start house cleaning since we are meeting my oldest son's girlfriend on Saturday and he is bringing her over here.  :D

April