Author Topic: WF-17 Make a stamp-- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!  (Read 7297 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
WF-17 Make a stamp-- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!
« on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:44 AM »
I have seen in a couple of places here lately of people making stamps from their dies using foam, like the fun foam you can buy for like 29 cents a sheet or something like that, I am thinking they may even sell it at like Walmart if you don't have any in your stash and I am hoping everyone has a die that they can make into a stamp also so anyone can play along.

I have seen where they put double stick tape onto the back of the foam to stick it onto their clear block to stamp.  You can use ink or paint to stamp onto your project, and yes if you want to combine it with another challenge that is good too :)

I have not tried it yet so I will be giving it a try right along with you, I am hoping to have a card made by the start of the fest.
Please use  WF-17 MAS when posting a card and share here when you do.  I will have a little package to send out.

Please let me know if I have forgotten anything.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:33:43 AM by Conniecrafter »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: WF-17 Make a stamp
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:20:05 AM »
I have seen this done before too, but never had a chance to try it.  I have the materials and am looking forward to giving it a go!  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:28:48 AM »
I tried it last night, my tip for you would be don't go with anything really thing to cut out, and only pass it through your machine once, when I went back and forth with mine like I usually do it shifted and didn't work well.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
I haven't tried this before but I have all the supplies and can't wait to try it! Thanks for hosting:)
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »
Cool challenge.  I actually have some fun foam from a challenge Daniel hosted years ago. 
Sarah

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 11:15:05 AM »
Ok here is the card I made for the challenge, thank goodness for my MISTI because it took me a couple of inkings  to get good coverage, I used dye ink, wonder if the chalks would work better, or pigment inks.  I decided half way through that this would make a good post for my Dies R us team post in February, so shhhh you haven't seen this yet :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3145#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »
Your card is beautiful, Connie! I can't wait to try this.

April :smile:

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 05:59:03 PM »
Seen what?   ;D

Great sample.  I've got a die in mind I want to try but I'm not sure how well it will work.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
Beautiful sample card Connie!  LOL--I think this technique has been on my list of challenges to host for over 2 years but it just didn't make it to the top.  Several of us experimented with all types of materials in the Cuttlebug when it was 1st released.  This was one of my favorites.  Hope everyone enjoys.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:10 PM »
I really like your sample!  I can't believe you were able to cut such a finely detailed stamp from foam.  Great results.  Thanks for suggesting the Misti, or another stamp positioner, because I think foam needs a wet ink or paint to get a good image on the first try ... and paint can be messy and unpredictable.

I hope to try this soon.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
This was so much fun and I made 4 "stamps!" I made 2 cards with 2 of them. I can see making more stamps down the road! I combined the Christmas card with the Christmas All Year challenge.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3151#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3152#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 08:03:20 PM »
Thanks for playing along April, they are great, really love the Christmas card!!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »
Has anyone else had this issue, the ink won't come off the stamp or dry?  I cut my stamp and inked it with red Versafine ink. I used my Misti to stamp it.  When I was done, I thought the stamp looked pretty and figured I could use it on another project.  But I wanted to do another card with the same stamp but in black.  So I cut another one and inked it with black.  Then I wanted to try it with yet another color.  But I can't get the ink completely off the black stamp and the red stamp isn't drying.  I used them on Sunday, and the red one still isn't dry and there is still wet ink on the black one no matter how many times I try cleaning it or try rubbing the ink off.

Any thoughts?
Sarah

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »
Wow Sarah it must be the kind of ink you used, I went to clean my stamp off and decided to rub it onto watercolor paper and it made a great watercolored impression so I made that into a card, and when I cleaned it off, it left a pretty color to the stamp so I just added that foam stamp to a card, so I ended up with 3 cards out of it.  But I never tried cleaning it totally off the stamp, but it dried so that I could add it to my card.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 10:02:13 PM »
That is strange Sarah!  I used ColorBox pigment ink and had no trouble changing ink colors.  I wiped the foam with a baby wipe and it came clean.

I started a Craftsy class last night and Catherine Pooler made a similar card with a circle stamp and die inks.

Here is my Valentine.

I should have re-read your posts, Connie!  My die did shift when I ran it back and forth in my Big Shot.  I was happily surprised how well this foam stamped.  Maybe because my pigment ink pads were pretty new.  I'm glad, because I feel like stamping with paint can be pretty unpredictable.   I cut both sizes of hearts on the Primitive Hearts die and also cut a shamrock.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with those soon.

Thanks so much for this challenge!
Here is a picture of my card with the stamp I made.

Cindi